Consign with fashionfile from Australia ?

tnt134

Nov 17, 2012
Has anyone consign your bags with fashionfile and not from USA ? What's your experience ? I am about to consign with them for my bag, they asked me to send the bag to them. But I am a bit hesitate to send my bag as they only provided the address and not the receiver name ? I appreciate any thoughts from you guys :smile:)

Reactions: Ness123
I have a few times and I'm from Sydney. I just actually sent over 4 bags to them 2 weeks ago. Selling to USA at the moment is awesome for us as the au dollar is really low. I paid about $360 with fed ex to ship it over there. Customs is split 50/50 between you and fashionphile which you pay roughly 10% of the sale value.
My experience has been great with them. If they are paying more than what you think you can sell it here in Aus, I say go for it [emoji4]

I ve send things from UK and it worked well, two of my things got sold easily and one (WOC) got returned as it had very slight crooked CC (which i got fixed from Chanel and now would send it again to FP). The return of WOC was a bit hectic as i had to pay tax and return postage charges. BTW i used FedEx and the service was great.
However recently i tried sending a couple of things from Kuwait (Middle East) to FP through Aramex and my things were held in USA (new york) customs for nearly a month and it was terrible experience, had to pay both ways tax (dont why Kuwait charged me tax when the parcel was a return one) and had to pay return postage too as it was taking too long and they were basically doing nothing. Cant say if it was Aramex or because things were sent from Kuwait that caused problem, but sending parcel from UK was very smooth. HTH :smile:

I consigned with fashionphile before and had no issues, but I am in the US.

Thanks Olgita. As long as they legitimate and fast with payment. I'm happy to send the item all the way to aus to usa

I have a few times and I'm from Sydney. I just actually sent over 4 bags to them 2 weeks ago. Selling to USA at the moment is awesome for us as the au dollar is really low. I paid about $360 with fed ex to ship it over there. Customs is split 50/50 between you and fashionphile which you pay roughly 10% of the sale value.
My experience has been great with them. If they are paying more than what you think you can sell it here in Aus, I say go for it [emoji4]

Thanks LoveViolet, did they pay you straight away after the items got sold ? What if the item is returned ? Do we have to wait until they sell it and get the money ?

I ve send things from UK and it worked well, two of my things got sold easily and one (WOC) got returned as it had very slight crooked CC (which i got fixed from Chanel and now would send it again to FP). The return of WOC was a bit hectic as i had to pay tax and return postage charges. BTW i used FedEx and the service was great.

However recently i tried sending a couple of things from Kuwait (Middle East) to FP through Aramex and my things were held in USA (new york) customs for nearly a month and it was terrible experience, had to pay both ways tax (dont why Kuwait charged me tax when the parcel was a return one) and had to pay return postage too as it was taking too long and they were basically doing nothing. Cant say if it was Aramex or because things were sent from Kuwait that caused problem, but sending parcel from UK was very smooth. HTH :smile:

Thanks Moq87, good to know about the return item with customs. I might have to keep the receipt of sending the item to USA. Just in case the item got sent back to me, then i have proof of sending it out in the first place and it is an old items :smile:)

Fashionphile makes 2 offers for your items. 1. Is a buyout so they basically buy the item off you 2. Is to consign which you will be paid when the item sells
In all cases I have chosen the buyout as the cosign option is not much of a different I.e. $25-$75 difference.
After the items are received I receive payment within the next week
If fashionphille is offering more I say go for it!

Fashionphile makes 2 offers for your items. 1. Is a buyout so they basically buy the item off you 2. Is to consign which you will be paid when the item sells
In all cases I have chosen the buyout as the cosign option is not much of a different I.e. $25-$75 difference.
After the items are received I receive payment within the next week
If fashionphille is offering more I say go for it!

Are the prices they quote for buyout good or at least reasonable?

It's good for Australians because our dollar is so low at the moment so very reasonable [emoji4]

How long does it take them to get back to you about ur bag? I just log in the form 2 days ago and still waiting for the reply. Once I got the quote from them, I think I will choose to sell it to them .