GUCCI care/cleaning FAQs and Help

If you use a white eraser, you can gently (in circular motion) remove/lighten the stain. That's what I did (newbie nubuck owner) then I sprayed a suede/nubuck protector on my bag and it has been good thus far! Just make sure you hold the spray about 1 foot away from the bag and spray swiftly, don't saturate one area that can cause the area to become darker. The bottle I use recommends that you spray the bag 2-3 times to be able to cover all areas and make sure to let the bag dry for 24 hours before spraying again. It's a long process, but well worth it if you plan to use the bag a lot.

Thanks a lot for the info!:cutesy: Will try the eraser. I tried the rubber part of the brush for nubuk and it didn't do anything.

I read that you treated your bag with Apple Guard, did you notice any change in the texture of the leather? I would like to use it on my brown nubuk, but I am afraid it will harden the leather. Could you please post a picture of your treated bag? I am also afraid if it's left untreated it will get dirty very fast. I only carried it twice and I already see some stains, and I was super careful with her.

No I didn't see or feel any change in the texture of the leather. I tried to take a picture in natural light.
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1433200114.987777.jpg

I have used scotch guard on Gucci green canvas. I used dishwasher liquid and baby wipes before. It seemed to clean but I spread staining to the edges and to clean part. It was hard on the eyes. But scotch guard seems to moisturise and soften the material. Now I can see that the wallet is excellent used condition.
Thanks for all advice ya'll.

Good Morning! I hope someone can help me....I just purchased a Gucci Diana Hobo handbag with the bamboo shoulder strap. Does anyone know how I can clean the inside of the bag? It's very sticky and flaking a bit ....I knew it was flaking but the seller didn't mention it was sticky on the inside .When I put my hand inside the bag, I had the black color all over my nails. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Just bought a Diamante leather messenger bag, and the SA gave me a impregnation spray for free that she recommended to use. After I sprayed the bag, I could see that the fibres on the seam got a bit shaggy. The fibres on a seam will get shaggy after some wear and tear anyway, but I didn't expect this to happen after using a impregration spray. It almost looked like the seam was swelling after I put on the spray. I called her and told what happened, and she said this was the spray Gucci gave to all their custumers that bought leather bags. It's probably great for the leather, but bad for the seam-fibres.. I will never use a impregnation spray again!

Good Morning! I hope someone can help me....I just purchased a Gucci Diana Hobo handbag with the bamboo shoulder strap. Does anyone know how I can clean the inside of the bag? It's very sticky and flaking a bit ....I knew it was flaking but the seller didn't mention it was sticky on the inside .When I put my hand inside the bag, I had the black color all over my nails. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Vacuum :yes:

Gucci have been know to reline by request but obviously at a cost ;)

Just bought a Diamante leather messenger bag, and the SA gave me a impregnation spray for free that she recommended to use. After I sprayed the bag, I could see that the fibres on the seam got a bit shaggy. The fibres on a seam will get shaggy after some wear and tear anyway, but I didn't expect this to happen after using a impregration spray. It almost looked like the seam was swelling after I put on the spray. I called her and told what happened, and she said this was the spray Gucci gave to all their custumers that bought leather bags. It's probably great for the leather, but bad for the seam-fibres.. I will never use a impregnation spray again!

Is this in Oslo, and a stand alone store? No spray is standard issue and I have never been given anything to use on my bags ever, the only products I've been given were to use with my Made To Measure shoes.

What is this impregnation spray? Can you show us a picture of the container?

Vacuum :yes:

Gucci have been know to reline by request but obviously at a cost ;)

Is this in Oslo, and a stand alone store? No spray is standard issue and I have never been given anything to use on my bags ever, the only products I've been given were to use with my Made To Measure shoes.

What is this impregnaray? Can you show us a picture of the container?

Its a Gucci store. The operator is Group 88, which has Gucci, Burberry, and Bottega Veneta here in Scandinavia. I looked at the web site for this Company "Collonil" and it seems to be a serious brand..

Last edited:

Its a Gucci store. The operator is Group 88, which has Gucci, Burberry, and Bottega Veneta here in Scandinavia. I looked at the web site for this Company "Collonil" and it seems to be a serious brand..

Thanks for posting this. I would get in touch with the company that makes it. Hopefully, you can use it without going near the stitches in future. I have heard of cleaning products eating through stitches but this is usually only discernible on vintage bags.

I looked at the stuff they gave me for my shoes. It just says Gucci on the box and tube, apparently made from Carnauba.

I wouldn't normally recommend cleaning new stuff. I usually wait a year except shoes which I clean and suede bags which I spray.

Thanks for posting this. I would get in touch with the company that makes it. Hopefully, you can use it without going near the stitches in future. I have heard of cleaning products eating through stitches but this is usually only discernible on vintage bags.

I looked at the stuff they gave me for my shoes. It just says Gucci on the box and tube, apparently made from Carnauba.

I wouldn't normally recommend cleaning new stuff. I usually wait a year except shoes which I clean and suede bags which I spray.
Ok, thanks. I've sendt them an e-mail, just to tell about my experience with this product. Regards cleaning; This is not exactly a cleaning product. It's a impregnation spray, for protecting the bag from water etc. The leather Cream I have used several times before, and it's a fantastic product!

Ok, thanks. I've sendt them an e-mail, just to tell about my experience with this product. Regards cleaning; This is not exactly a cleaning product. It's a impregnation spray, for protecting the bag from water etc. The leather Cream I have used several times before, and it's a fantastic product!

I use Collonil Waterstop on all of my bags and I'm delighted with the results, maybe you could give that a try.
Also, they've just released a new product called Carbon Pro. I've only tried it on one bag so far but the results were good and the protection is supposed to last much longer that Waterstop.