Hey,After viewing 42 threads, with useful information provided by papertiger and beejerry, i am finally able to compile it all in ONE thread due to the recent high volume of requests.
Canvas/Fabric: For ink, stains, color transfer (esp from jeans), etc.
- Spot Clean (Recommended): soap + water with toothbrush or damp cloth with gentle scubbing. REPEAT if needed. then air or blow dry.
- babywipes (non-alcohol)
- Products (NO ammonia, peroxide, or bleach):
Protection: stain/water repellant (scotch guard)
- stain remedy
- apple guard
- COACH cleaner
- oxyclean + water
- clorox stain pen (orange, NO bleach)
- odour-eating sprays
- room de-odours
- pet deodorants
- Products: Fabreze
Leather (calf, lamb, guccissima): color transfer (esp from jeans), scuffs, etc.
- IMPORTANT: keep moisturized (COACH, apple guard)
- leather cream/conditioner
- babywipes (non alcohol)
- Products: COACH, apple guard
Paid Cleaning Services
- Avelle (http://www.bagborroworsteal.com/handbag-repair/?ref=n1_e9-9)
- Neiman Marcus
- Dry Cleaners (high-end): Margarets in CA.
- if YOU know or like to share a site or dry cleaner in your area, PLEASE post for future refrence.
- pixiedust82: http://philosophicalstyle.blogspot.com/2006/10/how-to-care-for-your-bags.html
- How to clean a Gucci bag
I've never tried it, but products made for UGGs by UGGs sound like a safe bet. Thank you for the recommendation, I may try their protector on my suede Bal boots after testing on my sheerling slippers. So far I've used Scotchgard which has been fine, but it's supposed to be reapplied time after time. They also do a protector for canvas which I need to get another of (Gucci certainly don't clean canvas)
Normally with Gucci leather I say don't use anything but for suede and nubuck even I use a protector (and don't tell Gucci when having cleaned).
OP, just make sure you test with a coloured suede/nubuck piece that doesn't matter first, whatever brand you tr, and test every time you change brands. Spray it lightly (more lightly that boots) and from a distance. Some of them with change lighter colours darker, and some dull the colour.
Yes, the canvas with the beige suede details
i just used the scotchgard spray for nubuck and suede on my gucci dionysus and it has made the color much darker it hasnt gotten lighter and its been a few hours. has this happened to you?