The Illuminating Lumineuse Club

Thank you very much for that :smile:
How long is the faulty time frame - and by the you mean the time where they offer you ti exchange it to a new bag or get a store credit, right?
Oh, by faulty time frame I mean there is a period of time where the glazing they used was faulty. I'm not sure what that time range is, but you can read through this thread and get an idea. Mine was from 2011 so I'd say anything from that production/serial code is probably affected.

Thanks ladies for your comments. Do any of you have any modeling pictures? Would love to see how it looks on. I ordered this bag about 2 weeks ago and still have not received it 😞. I'm getting so frustrated and anxious.

Wanted to share how I still love carrying my Lumi- our love is still going strong! It's an awesome workhorse bag and I've been wearing it with thick coats to work, here in NYC. this is me going through the subway to get to radio city hall with my beloved lumi ImageUploadedByPurseForum1417579587.074969.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1417579602.913502.jpg

My Lumi has the dreaded cracking on the glazing but it does not distract from the beauty Still I wish it did not have them because I know they are there and I do tend to fixate on it a bit😳ImageUploadedByPurseForum1420867316.466294.jpg

Hi everyone! I'm looking to buy my first empreinte bag and am debating between the Lumi and Bastille. I want something I could use as an everyday bag so it'll need to be durable.
My worry about the Lumi is it's size. I'm only 5' so I don't want it to be overwhelming on me. Anyone of similar size have modeling pictures?

Sad to report that my Lumi also has the cracking. LV is only offering to replace the shoulder strap and handles but they will do nothing about the cracks on the rest of the bag. I am not the original purchaser and it was purchased in 2011. However, it was perfect as of the beginning of the month and the cracking happened after only a few weeks of use. When the first SA I spoke with saw it, she said they would probably give me store credit so I had my hopes set on that and was really disappointed by the offer to do a partial repair. They acknowledged that it is a known defect and that it is not wear and tear as the rest of the bag is in new condition. Should I continue to fight for a credit or exchange or just accept the repair and move on? It's a silly thing but stressing me out.

How old is yours? I just got a replacement of the exact same bag, and I'm hoping they had fixed it!

Sorry I just saw your post! I purchased mine preloved but the bag according to the tag is from 2011. It is perfect except for those cracks. I had heard LV had fixed the issue and that would be great because it is a lovely bag.

Sad to report that my Lumi also has the cracking. LV is only offering to replace the shoulder strap and handles but they will do nothing about the cracks on the rest of the bag. I am not the original purchaser and it was purchased in 2011. However, it was perfect as of the beginning of the month and the cracking happened after only a few weeks of use. When the first SA I spoke with saw it, she said they would probably give me store credit so I had my hopes set on that and was really disappointed by the offer to do a partial repair. They acknowledged that it is a known defect and that it is not wear and tear as the rest of the bag is in new condition. Should I continue to fight for a credit or exchange or just accept the repair and move on? It's a silly thing but stressing me out.

That's great they are willing to do that much, I would have thought they would have tried to avoid doing anything. I am impressed. I know you said you are not the original owner but Did you have a receipt? Cause I think that's pretty good. I don't think it would hurt to put up a bit of an objection but in the end...I'd say take the offer as it's better than nothing.

I'm thrilled to report that they are giving me store credit! I had resigned myself to getting it repaired but they called me today and said they were able to get approval to provide store credit. So happy.

I'm thrilled to report that they are giving me store credit! I had resigned myself to getting it repaired but they called me today and said they were able to get approval to provide store credit. So happy.
I was in the same boat, they repaired the strap and I was just really disappointed to see beautiful straps and cracked leather elsewhere. I did end up getting another Lumi, I just loved the bag so darn much, but couldn't get the same color since they aren't making them anymore and the colors are limited - but I actually love this one more - and I'm so happy I stuck to my guns, you will be too! She assured me the cracking has been addressed from at least 2013 forward, but if not she would trade it out at any point if I noticed it. I think you just have to get to the right person and it works out.