Alexander Wang Rocco duffle vs Diego bucket

missmoimoi

Dec 5, 2009
Is the Diego bucket bag heavier? My gf loves her black Diego but said it's so heavy, it kills her shoulder, arm, back...I've played with the Rocco (and Rockie) and yes, although they are heavy, they don't seem THAT bad. So I'm guessing the Diego must be the heaviest although I've never weighed them, kwim?

I have both Roccos and Diegos and I must say I have always preferred the Diego. It is just so easy to use, throw over your shower and everything is to hand. But, weight wise, I find little difference between the Rocco and the Diego. Both are heavy, but I have carried nothing but Diegos for so long, that it seems normal to me! Actually, I found the Kirsten the heaviest of the AW bags. How about the Rockie? That surely must be lighter?

I have both Roccos and Diegos and I must say I have always preferred the Diego. It is just so easy to use, throw over your shower and everything is to hand. But, weight wise, I find little difference between the Rocco and the Diego. Both are heavy, but I have carried nothing but Diegos for so long, that it seems normal to me! Actually, I found the Kirsten the heaviest of the AW bags. How about the Rockie? That surely must be lighter?

Thanks for the input :biggrin:

Yes, the Rockie is lighter for sure and still carries enough stuff. It's more my style than any bucket bag. I have always admired the look of the Diego and gf has one but warns me of its weight. Even though the Rocco is on the heavy side too (as is many AW studded bags) the double top handle duffel is very much me style.

But yea...a Rockie one day - right colour, right hw. The current hot pink is very cute; Holts has this in stock but with shiny gold hw, it's very Barbie and not so "me". I really like it but it's not very "me". Maybe I should have grabbed the bright blue with silver hw from last year (Rockie)?

Right now, I'm ogling the black Rocco with matte black hw!

Is the Diego bucket bag heavier? My gf loves her black Diego but said it's so heavy, it kills her shoulder, arm, back...I've played with the Rocco (and Rockie) and yes, although they are heavy, they don't seem THAT bad. So I'm guessing the Diego must be the heaviest although I've never weighed them, kwim?

I own all 3 styles. I think the diego is the heaviest and while I like my diego I don't find it to be the easiest to get into and out of.

Each style has its pros and cons. I think the cinch top is annoying to get into and of my diego. But I like the 3 different compartments.

My Rocco is my favorite. I have no complaints about it except that I would prefer if the strap was longer like the Rockie's. Lucky for me I got a long Rockie strap so for now it's a non issue. I would and will eventually buy another Rocco.

I like my rockie cuz it's light and since its smaller I can see inside of it easily. But I don't like the zipper it requires both hands.

I own all 3 styles. I think the diego is the heaviest and while I like my diego I don't find it to be the easiest to get into and out of.

Each style has its pros and cons. I think the cinch top is annoying to get into and of my diego. But I like the 3 different compartments.

My Rocco is my favorite. I have no complaints about it except that I would prefer if the strap was longer like the Rockie's. Lucky for me I got a long Rockie strap so for now it's a non issue. I would and will eventually buy another Rocco.

I like my rockie cuz it's light and since its smaller I can see inside of it easily. But I don't like the zipper it requires both hands.

Hey - thanks for the input! I'm encouraged to start my mini AW collection: Roccos & Rockies only. I really do love the look of the Diego but it's not a realistic choice I see my future. (The only and closest looking bag to the Diego that I have is the Bal giant pompon but that can be carried like a double handle tote as an option).

Ah, so way! That is what I love about the Diego. How easy it is to get in and out of, and how everything is easily to hand! My Rocco on the other hand is like a bottomless pit that I lose everything it :lolots: