Really worried, need advice please!

rosieroseanna

Spenderella
O.G.
Dec 9, 2006
Ok basically I am doing a years employed route post grad teacher training. I need to get a job for September. I applied last week for a job in year 3 or year 4 and looked around the school, it was then I found out that the yr3 job was maternity cover and they didn't know if the teacher was going to return or not and the yr4 job is a new class being created but that also may not be permanent as their budget next year may be different. Anyway I have an interview on Wednesday and in England they offer it to you that day if you get it and you accept verbally, you then can't take another job as it is a verbal contract.

Well, there are two other jobs I would much rather have as they are both in the Foundation stage and are permanent but the shortlisting is not until the end of the week and if I got an interview it wouldn't be until next week.

What do I do? I am sure I wont but what if I got offered the job on Wednesday, what should I do, accept and not be able to have the other jobs or decline but then maybe not even get an interview for the other roles? Also, I think it might not be a good idea to do an NQT year in year4 as they have SAT's etc.

Seriously I am stressing so much, I really want a job but don't know what to do, any ideas?!:confused1:

Ok basically I am doing a years employed route post grad teacher training. I need to get a job for September. I applied last week for a job in year 3 or year 4 and looked around the school, it was then I found out that the yr3 job was maternity cover and they didn't know if the teacher was going to return or not and the yr4 job is a new class being created but that also may not be permanent as their budget next year may be different. Anyway I have an interview on Wednesday and in England they offer it to you that day if you get it and you accept verbally, you then can't take another job as it is a verbal contract.

Well, there are two other jobs I would much rather have as they are both in the Foundation stage and are permanent but the shortlisting is not until the end of the week and if I got an interview it wouldn't be until next week.

What do I do? I am sure I wont but what if I got offered the job on Wednesday, what should I do, accept and not be able to have the other jobs or decline but then maybe not even get an interview for the other roles? Also, I think it might not be a good idea to do an NQT year in year4 as they have SAT's etc.

Seriously I am stressing so much, I really want a job but don't know what to do, any ideas?!:confused1:

Have the school told you you would be offered the job there and then?

This is highly irregular ti my knowledge as normally there are several candidates and you may be number 2 of 6 so how they can offer is beyond me.

Also there is nothing to say you can not apply for other jobs even if you are offered it.

I think sats are at year 3 in preperation for the upper half of the school (4/6) so a position with year 4 would not encompass that however, year 4 can be quite a handfull, personally I would take the interview and see but not panic about it untill you have at least been offered it.

If they were to offer you the job on Wednesday couldn't you ask for a few days to consider? I've done this on a couple of occasions with job offers, but very rarely have I been an offered a job the day I have interviewed for it.

Yep in England procedure is to call you that day and offer the job if you get it, also SAT's are year 4, I totally don't know what to do! I do really need a job though!

Oh thought you meant they offered at interview!!! hehe

you confused me.

You need to clarify on the sats because to my knowledge non are taken in year 4

I have 3 children non of which did sats in year 4.

I am English btw and all my girls went to school there, in fact ones still there!

I found this on a sats info website :

SATS (Standard Assessment Tests) tests are given at the end of year 2, year 6 and year 9. They are used to show your child's progress compared with other children born in the same month. The mean (average) score for each age group on an assessment is set at 100 and the standard deviation at 15. For any age group a given numerical value has the same meaning in terms of standing relative to the group. For example, an eight year old and a nine year old, each of whom has a standard age score of 105, have performed equally well in relation to the average for their respective age groups.
Good luck, dont panic like I said untill offered but personally I would prefer a foundation position but maybe thats because I am a foundation stage teacher!!!