Help with zip ties on bags

Rarity

Mar 13, 2012
Hi,

Can someone explain to me what's involved in adding a zip tie to your bags when you sell them? I know some of you add a zip tie that you ask to be intact if someone returns it, but I assume there must be more to it than that since the buyer can just buy a tie and put it on the bag.

Do you add some other kind of verbage or marking to it?

Thanks for any help on this!

I would make sure that in your listing you mention that a security tag will be
attached to the item. Try & find one that is not so commonplace...

I would take as many clear & close up pics as I could. If it is a handbag,
corners, hardware, straps, zippers etc..

If it is removed the item will not be accepted for return.

It does give someone something to think about & how effective it is that remains
to be seen. But it doesn't hurt to try

I don't know if it really works, but I attach one of those wristband-thingys that show if it's been removed. I also write the name of the item all over the tag, all the way around, since I would recognize if someone attempted to reattach the tag using different handwriting (mine would be somewhat difficult to replicate). I mention that there is a tag in the listing, and I take photos of the tag as well and include a photo of the bag with the tag clearly visible in the listing. I make sure that it is attached to a place that would be visible if the bag is worn and couldn't be tucked away in case someone tried to wear the bag and then return it.

I don't know that this is worth anything to eBay, but it gives me a least a little piece of mind so that maybe it will deter a scammer or two.

Hi,

Can someone explain to me what's involved in adding a zip tie to your bags when you sell them? I know some of you add a zip tie that you ask to be intact if someone returns it, but I assume there must be more to it than that since the buyer can just buy a tie and put it on the bag.

Do you add some other kind of verbage or marking to it?

Thanks for any help on this!

How about a numbered tag that would need to be cut to be removed? That would be difficult to replicate.

I think it's more to discourage "renters" than scammers though. Some people do like to "rent" bags for functions and then return them for refund.