Care questions!

tanya1729

May 1, 2013
Hi everyone! As some of you know I recently bought my beautiful black drummed mini luggage for my birthday! I have a few questions regarding care.

I am so happy! I have a couple of questions about care, since this is by far my most expensive bag I'm expectedly more careful with it than my neverfull haha.

Today for example it got very hot about 85 degrees and extremely humid. There was a chance of rain so I took my neverfull out rather than the mini luggage. My house is not central air so my bedroom got extremely hot and humid all day while the bag sat in my room. Is this harmful to the bag? I would expect it to be. Any recommendations on what I should do? I just don't feel 100% comfortable leaving it anywhere else in my house all day but if I'm not in my room the AC isn't on in here.

I was worried about the leather getting overly soft and maybe bubbling or pulling from the interior?

Also, for the bottom of your bags to help reduce sag what are you using? I don't have a bag organizer or anything but I would like the bag to keep it's form!

And I am going to use the bag for out of work activities and the weekend. I'm going to bring my neverfull to work everyday. Should I be putting my bag in the dust bag and stuffing it even if it's only having a few days out of use?

Thank you guys so much ahead of time I know I have a million questions!

Here is a picture for everyone! Thank you ahead of time for your help!

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1409600490.275006.jpg

Hi everyone! As some of you know I recently bought my beautiful black drummed mini luggage for my birthday! I have a few questions regarding care.

I am so happy! I have a couple of questions about care, since this is by far my most expensive bag I'm expectedly more careful with it than my neverfull haha.

Today for example it got very hot about 85 degrees and extremely humid. There was a chance of rain so I took my neverfull out rather than the mini luggage. My house is not central air so my bedroom got extremely hot and humid all day while the bag sat in my room. Is this harmful to the bag? I would expect it to be. Any recommendations on what I should do? I just don't feel 100% comfortable leaving it anywhere else in my house all day but if I'm not in my room the AC isn't on in here.

I was worried about the leather getting overly soft and maybe bubbling or pulling from the interior?

Also, for the bottom of your bags to help reduce sag what are you using? I don't have a bag organizer or anything but I would like the bag to keep it's form!

And I am going to use the bag for out of work activities and the weekend. I'm going to bring my neverfull to work everyday. Should I be putting my bag in the dust bag and stuffing it even if it's only having a few days out of use?

Thank you guys so much ahead of time I know I have a million questions!

Here is a picture for everyone! Thank you ahead of time for your help!

View attachment 2737175
When I've first got my drummed leather Micro Luggage, the SA at Celine boutique recommended me to stuff the bag as always when not being use to keep the bag in shape. It's been two years now and I never have problem with bag loosing its shape.

Love your Celine btw. Congrats and thank you for sharing

I would recommend always keeping your bag stuffed, and also using a bag insert like a Samorga insert, which I've found really helps to keep my Celine's shape. They're a little overpriced in my opinion, but considering we've already splurged on these bags, a $100 investment in a bag insert seems like nothing if it ensures your bag's longevity. Always keep your bag in the dustbag as well!

I would recommend always keeping your bag stuffed, and also using a bag insert like a Samorga insert, which I've found really helps to keep my Celine's shape. They're a little overpriced in my opinion, but considering we've already splurged on these bags, a $100 investment in a bag insert seems like nothing if it ensures your bag's longevity. Always keep your bag in the dustbag as well!

I will take a look at this insert for sure!! What do you use to stuff your bag? I wouldn't want to overstuff it or anything and some people said a pillow but I imagine that being quite large!

Thank you so much for responding!

I will take a look at this insert for sure!! What do you use to stuff your bag? I wouldn't want to overstuff it or anything and some people said a pillow but I imagine that being quite large!

Thank you so much for responding!

my bag came stuffed with white tissue paper, so I continue to use that. in my opinion it's best to use tissue paper because I feel like it's more breathable than a pillow, and I agree, I think a pillow would be a bit too firm/make it overstuffed and stretched out. Even if your bag didn't come with tissue paper stuffing, you can always go out and buy a few packs of tissue paper and use them all up to stuff your bag, which is what I did for my other Celine bag that did not come with tissue paper stuffing.