Which earrings? (Small purchase)

LVoeletters

only the best
O.G.
Aug 13, 2011
Hello all! I'm supposed to be banned after acquiring a necklace, but I've been struggling with my lack of earrings. I have different sizes of diamond hoops and different pearl studs but I've lost my other studs as time goes on. I would like to buy a stud while I save for a bigger purchase. I know blue nile is recommended and I saw these:
http://www.bluenile.com/peridot-cushion-earrings-sterling-silver_41810?elem=img&track=product

http://www.bluenile.com/petite-love-knot-earrings-tri-color-14k-gold_47574?track=Detlink1

I was looking for estate Tiffany earrings as well... I've never shopped estate but don't want to spend too much right now bc I have more pressing items on my wishlist. Do you like either of these earrings? I just got a yellow gold diamond by the yard and I wear another yellow gold delicate necklace or my Tiffany arrow. The earring doesn't have to go with all three of the necklaces though since I will still wear my little hoops.
Is the tri color knot trying too hard to look like it's cartier inspired?
I was looking at the estate Tiffany knot earrings or perhaps the disc earrings. Thanks!

Hello all! I'm supposed to be banned after acquiring a necklace, but I've been struggling with my lack of earrings. I have different sizes of diamond hoops and different pearl studs but I've lost my other studs as time goes on. I would like to buy a stud while I save for a bigger purchase. I know blue nile is recommended and I saw these:
http://www.bluenile.com/peridot-cushion-earrings-sterling-silver_41810?elem=img&track=product

http://www.bluenile.com/petite-love-knot-earrings-tri-color-14k-gold_47574?track=Detlink1

I was looking for estate Tiffany earrings as well... I've never shopped estate but don't want to spend too much right now bc I have more pressing items on my wishlist. Do you like either of these earrings? I just got a yellow gold diamond by the yard and I wear another yellow gold delicate necklace or my Tiffany arrow. The earring doesn't have to go with all three of the necklaces though since I will still wear my little hoops.
Is the tri color knot trying too hard to look like it's cartier inspired?
I was looking at the estate Tiffany knot earrings or perhaps the disc earrings. Thanks!

So excited for your new dbty!!! It's so beautiful and such a great size!!! I prefer the love knot earrings of the two, I think they're such a classic design.

I bought these for my daughter, they're awesome! Considering your taste for dainty, feminine pieces, I think you'd love these!
I might just buy these! glad to hear they come well reviewed :biggrin:

I currently wear my YG Jennifer Meyer diamond bars in my second and third piercings in my right ear, I think these could be fun for my main peircings

I just went through something similar. I am very picky about how earrings go with necklaces without being too matchy.

For sterling studs with stones, I just went to piercing pagoda and picked up a couple of pairs of white or colored stone studs for $10-$20 each.

For yellow gold, I would just invest in diamond studs. If the dbty is small, 14K yellow gold studs with a small diamond might be fine and not cost much. DON'T get the threaded posts with the screw backs - I never wore mine until I filed off the threads. :P Now they are coming in handy because they go with a lot of my dainty pendants.

I always keep yellow and white gold ball studs handy too. I keep spare yellow gold ball studs since I wear them so much.

Do you have pics of all your necklaces and earrings you are trying to pair? Or can you find similar images on google and download them? Or you could take pics. There is a free app I use called pic stitch. I combine different images into a layout and can get a pretty good idea of how pieces would go together.

Last edited:
I like the knot ones ... versatile but also more interesting than plain ball studs.

The peridot studs are a tricky color -- I'd find them more difficult to wear and match than something like diamonds, sapphires or pearls.

I would, just because of its versatility and I really like them. :biggrin:

Thank you all! I will get the tri color! I was told that they get discounted with blue nile sales so I'm going to try to wait. Especially because I (rather impulsively and completely against my character) bought a large occasional pair of Tiffany earrings yesterday lol.... So I bought very cheap small sterling balls as well. Hopefully that can tide me over until the sale comes for the tri color ! Thanks everyone!

Last edited: