Help please. I don't know how to go about treating this bag!

Hanakimi

Oct 29, 2013
Hi everyone,

I purchased this MJ bag during Saks' second cuts and it came and I'm excited but...I don't how how to treat it in terms of protecting it. I don't have a proper picture on me at the moment but the bag in question is the one in the screenshot below.

My main thing is with the grommets. Is protectant on the leather enough? Should something different be used on the grommets? Could the protectant discolor the metal? Ahh I really don't know!

Does anyone have any suggestions? Any advice is much appreciated!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-08-07-15-35-01.png
    Screenshot_2014-08-07-15-35-01.png
    541.7 KB · Views: 345
I always panic whenever I get protectant on the hardware on my bag, I'm afraid of discolouring too

Any luck?

Someone in the other thread said protectant shouldn't discolor the metal. I'm thinking if I should just get it professionally done when I visit NYC in Oct/Nov. I know it's a while away but they'll probably have a better idea on what to do than I do. Still looking for more info on potential discoloration! I'll share anything I find! (´▽`)

Lurvebags, just as a mini non-update, I decided I'd email LMB to ask them what products they'd suggest in caring for the bag. I read some recent reviews of Leather Spa and they've been pretty terrible, so I figure I'll do my best and try it out. Will keep you posted!

Lurvebags, just as a mini non-update, I decided I'd email LMB to ask them what products they'd suggest in caring for the bag. I read some recent reviews of Leather Spa and they've been pretty terrible, so I figure I'll do my best and try it out. Will keep you posted!

Thank you for the mini update 😊 yes pls keep me posted! x