Garden Party

I am a newer GP owner in all leather - Negonda. I love, love, love the bag ... BUT I will say that it gets VERY heavy when not even "full." I have a purse organizer from Divide and Conquer that is pretty light but this bag strains my arms at times and I don't think I carry an excessive amount.

I still love it and want it it multiple colors but I am considering the canvas version as a "lighter" option for some uses.

Thanks for this info...am considering a GP and am leaning towards canvas for this very reason. Going to try to see if I can find a shoulder version, I'm assuming the canvas is much lighter to carry than the all leather.

Thanks for this info...am considering a GP and am leaning towards canvas for this very reason. Going to try to see if I can find a shoulder version, I'm assuming the canvas is much lighter to carry than the all leather.

The canvas is much lighter in weight. I use a Fourbi GM in my canvas GP 36, that way I have a zippered pocket.

Hi all, I'm planning to get my first hermes. thinking of getting a garden party. anyone can advise if the interior of garden party is always white? cause I was researching on leather garden party and seems that the interior is always white. worry about dirtying it. Thanks all!

I had the same dilemma of figuring out which to buy : canvas (blue) or leather(brown)

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1406644422.758062.jpg

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1406644447.718085.jpg

In the end i opted for the leather. I refunded the canvas because I was concerned that it was more difficult to "clean" a canvas gp. I once spilt coffee on my leather gp and all i had to do was to use some napkins and dab it dry.

As to whether it would hold its shape, I was pretty worried with that as well. Different SAs have diff opinions (some say canvas is more sturdy, while some say leather is more sturdy) but my SA kept convincing me a leather gp will hold it shape better in the long run. Also since a leather GP is made with a softer kind of leather, it will eventually slouch a tiny bit. so to avoid it slouching so much, you should place your bag sideways so that one side of your bag will lay flat when youre not using it. If you place it upright, it will slouch more due to gravity (seems a bit strange but i heed that advice)

Anyhow, a gp is very versatile. I use it for work or go shopping. You can always play around the handles with a twilly. It's a bag that you dont have to worry too much about it being hard worn / being in the rain etc!

Do a reveal after your purchase!

Reactions: BirdieK
O nice! Seems like the interior of the bag will always be lined with white canvas .. Not worried abt the exterior of the bag cos aiming for the black leather

I had the same dilemma of figuring out which to buy : canvas (blue) or leather(brown)

View attachment 2701352

View attachment 2701354

In the end i opted for the leather. I refunded the canvas because I was concerned that it was more difficult to "clean" a canvas gp. I once spilt coffee on my leather gp and all i had to do was to use some napkins and dab it dry.

As to whether it would hold its shape, I was pretty worried with that as well. Different SAs have diff opinions (some say canvas is more sturdy, while some say leather is more sturdy) but my SA kept convincing me a leather gp will hold it shape better in the long run. Also since a leather GP is made with a softer kind of leather, it will eventually slouch a tiny bit. so to avoid it slouching so much, you should place your bag sideways so that one side of your bag will lay flat when youre not using it. If you place it upright, it will slouch more due to gravity (seems a bit strange but i heed that advice)

Anyhow, a gp is very versatile. I use it for work or go shopping. You can always play around the handles with a twilly. It's a bag that you dont have to worry too much about it being hard worn / being in the rain etc!

Do a reveal after your purchase!

I have a question as well as I am thinking abt getting a GP; does anyone know which GP come in strap? Canvas ? Toile ? I know all leather does not have it... Or Hermes doesn't make GP with strap anymore? Thank you!

Hi all, I'm planning to get my first hermes. thinking of getting a garden party. anyone can advise if the interior of garden party is always white? cause I was researching on leather garden party and seems that the interior is always white. worry about dirtying it. Thanks all!

O nice! Seems like the interior of the bag will always be lined with white canvas .. Not worried abt the exterior of the bag cos aiming for the black leather

I don't think the interiors are always white. My 36 garden party in bamboo/canvas has a bamboo green interior.

All leather GP will have chevron fabric lining on the inside (colour is not white, but light beige just like Hermes dust bags colour) and it has zippered pocket too. Leather/Canvas or Leather/Toile GP will not have any lining on the inside, so the colour inside will be according to the colour outside.