Garden Party

I have a question as well as I am thinking abt getting a GP; does anyone know which GP come in strap? Canvas ? Toile ? I know all leather does not have it... Or Hermes doesn't make GP with strap anymore? Thank you!

They don't make GP with long straps anymore, but you can find them at resellers. Both combo GP in leather/ canvas or toile can have the long, detachable straps.
Optional from the stores, though quite difficult to find is the longer handle GP that can be carried on your shoulder.

Toile is like Macaroon13's Bamboo GP, post #27. Canvas is like Lady S's Blue GP (first picture) in post #21. Texture is different.
Hi!

Sorry for hijacking this thread, I'm really thinking of buying this GP, the material description is Canvas/Leather but the color description is Toile/Leather. I'm thinking there was something lost in translation (lol) and they just made a mistake. I'm no expert but I don't think there's a Toile color, or is there? Any help guys if this is indeed Canvas or Toile? Thanks.

http://stores.ebay.com.au/brand-works/BAG-/_i.html?_fsub=6739381015&_ipg=192

Sorry, while I'm here, is the MM size the size of the reddish leather GP in post #9 by dessert1st?

Hi!

Sorry for hijacking this thread, I'm really thinking of buying this GP, the material description is Canvas/Leather but the color description is Toile/Leather. I'm thinking there was something lost in translation (lol) and they just made a mistake. I'm no expert but I don't think there's a Toile color, or is there? Any help guys if this is indeed Canvas or Toile? Thanks.

Sorry, while I'm here, is the MM size the size of the reddish leather GP in post #9 by dessert1st?

Canvas = toile.

Hi!

I just saw your question that referenced my bag. Quite honestly I can never get the MM and PM straight. But based on measurements, my bag is 36 cm (approx 14+ inches) at the base from seam to seam. There is a bag that is smaller and one that is bigger. But this particular size of bag is probably the most common.

Hermes has confused us enough with these TPM, PM and MM models. The TPM is the one with base measurements of 30cm like the B30. The 36cm or 14" is the PM model and they have a larger one in canvas that is the MM model. There is no GM model on GP.

Hermes has confused us enough with these TPM, PM and MM models. The TPM is the one with base measurements of 30cm like the B30. The 36cm or 14" is the PM model and they have a larger one in canvas that is the MM model. There is no GM model on GP.
Thank you so much for the replies... Alas, when I inquired about that GP, they emailed and said they sold it already (sighs). So I'm off to find another one. Didn't realize how hard it is to get the perfect color, material, price in pre loved Haha. Another week, I'll probable buy new...

Canvas = toile.
I did do my research before posting, found that canvas and toile is in separate categories and the look and feel is different.

I just wanted to clarify if the bag is indeed canvas or toile because the listing description seems erroneous and the picture a bit unclear.

Chkphbeliever said MM comes in canvas, so I guess it's canvas... But oh well, it's gone anyway.

Last edited:
I did do my research before posting, found that canvas and toile is in separate categories and the look and feel is different.

I just wanted to clarify if the bag is indeed canvas or toile because the listing description seems erroneous and the picture a bit unclear.

Chkphbeliever said MM comes in canvas, so I guess it's canvas... But oh well, it's gone anyway.

The bag you were looking at WAS Hermes toile ... and toile does mean canvas in French. Hermes distinguishes the lighter canvas as toile militaire.

Next time, perhaps ask the seller for detailed photos if you are unsure and compare against known examples?

The bag you were looking at WAS Hermes toile ... and toile does mean canvas in French. Hermes distinguishes the lighter canvas as toile militaire.

Next time, perhaps ask the seller for detailed photos if you are unsure and compare against known examples?
I did, took me half a day to try to compare photos as well (not very good at it I suppose). The seller did reply but did not answer my question, only said that it was sold ��. Thanks, the search continues for me...

I did, took me half a day to try to compare photos as well (not very good at it I suppose). The seller did reply but did not answer my question, only said that it was sold ��

It's also called toile Le Gibeciere; that may help when searching. They look very different. Toile (also known as toile Hermes) has a visible weave; Le Gibeciere looks like plain old canvas. I've only seen GPs in the woven toile, but I suppose there could be Gibeciere out there (it also comes in boiled wool and full leather...)

Oh thank you very much for this info...

I saw the full leather ones but after reading this thread and other threads here discussing H leather vs toile, I decided to go for the toile for my first H. I'm now looking at this GP So H in brown... But I'm worried its a bit dated... (Ambivalence has always been my problem)... I need to do more research.

(purse forum rocks!)

Last edited: