fish smell?

duckiesforme

Jun 2, 2014
I ordered and received the florentine east west zip sac in black today and when I opened the bag it was in and took the bag out it had a very strong fish smell. will this go away? I called the outlet store where I ordered and she said the smell should go way, I sure am hoping so.

I ordered and received the florentine east west zip sac in black today and when I opened the bag it was in and took the bag out it had a very strong fish smell. will this go away? I called the outlet store where I ordered and she said the smell should go way, I sure am hoping so.

I would return it if the smell bothers you too much since there is no guarantee that the smell will go away eventually. Usually, the 'fishy' smell is caused by something in the tanning process.

Return it if you can. I have only had one florentine with that smell; it was sickening and it never did go away. I waited too long to return it and ended up giving it away.

I placed an order a couple of months ago for accessories, a florentine t'moro check book wallet, a couple of the canvas bags, a DB75 wristlet and a snapper wristlet. The check book wallet smelled si bad that it had "infected" all of the other pieces. I was able to air out the DB75 wristlet after about a week, but everything else had to be returned. I have a large stash of candles in an armoire so I even placed everything in there and it didn't help.

I called cs and they said I could return it for a refund so it's going back tomorrow. the smell is just awful.

From my experience, you did the right thing. I kept thinking the smell would go away but it definitely didn't. It was kind of embarrassing to go somewhere and be carrying a smelly purse.

My Flo Stanwich had a fishy smell when I first got her but I unzipped and aired her out for a few days and it faded a lot. Now all I smell is leather. She was really stinky when I got her, too.

From my experience, you did the right thing. I kept thinking the smell would go away but it definitely didn't. It was kind of embarrassing to go somewhere and be carrying a smelly purse.
This happened with a DB I got from Ebay. Thankfully it's mostly nylon so didn't smell too much. Wiped it down with baby wipes and stuffed a laundry softener sheet in for a week. Seemed to get the smell mostly out for me. I am a bit afraid of using a smelly bag but in the open air it isn't too noticeable.