Get Fran or Ukita?

LVforMe

O.G.
Feb 18, 2006
Please help! I want a bag to primarily use on my shoulder. I'm worried the Fran will be too heavy. But, when I tried the little Ukita it was awkward on the shoulder. What are your thoughts?

Do your items get lost in the Fran?

Also....black or cement? I like cement but black is a basic. Help!

Please help! I want a bag to primarily use on my shoulder. I'm worried the Fran will be too heavy. But, when I tried the little Ukita it was awkward on the shoulder. What are your thoughts?

Do your items get lost in the Fran?

Also....black or cement? I like cement but black is a basic. Help!
I faced the same problem back in April when I bought Lil Ukita.

I decided to get the Ukita, because it was/isn't as heavy as the Fran. Moreover, the Fran was too large, at least for my taste.

But: I sometimes feel this awkwardness, or that it is a bit uncomfortable on the shoulder, even though my shoulder is "normal" (not too large or too tiny). So I often use you my strap, which is fine. I don't regret the purchase, but it isn't as comfortable as my To Hot to Handle or my LV Neverfull.

Colors: My To Hot to Handle is black, which is why I bought my Ukita in a shade of grey. Therefore, I would base the color on what you already have in your closet.. ;)

I would get the Fran if you want a shoulder bag. I had the lil ukita and sold it. It was too small, and also difficult to get into. I like to be able to pop my hand in while my bag is on my shoulder. The lil ukita was not super easy to get into, I had to take it off and use both hands to open the flap.

I'm going to throw out a wildcard here -- how about the Natasha? I too thought I wanted the Ukita but when I tried it on in the store it felt "off," somehow. I now have two Natashas and use them a lot on weekends. I also LOVE my Frans (two of those too) because they can be cinched with the two hooks inside the bag to make it more of a "purse" size, it fits comfortably over my shoulder, and it doesn't look awkward if I need to carry it in my hand or on my arm. It is a bit heavier but far from the heaviest bag out there.

I love the Fran. I might be biased because i own two of them and i love them. I am more of a big bag type of girl because i can just throw everything in their when i dont want to carry things. They can get a little heavy but you can always use the longer strap and throw it over your shoulder. It is so versatile cause really you can wear it many ways: hand held, crook of elbow, over the shoulders or long strap.

As for color cement =) you can always buy black.

I love the Fran. I might be biased because i own two of them and i love them. I am more of a big bag type of girl because i can just throw everything in their when i dont want to carry things. They can get a little heavy but you can always use the longer strap and throw it over your shoulder. It is so versatile cause really you can wear it many ways: hand held, crook of elbow, over the shoulders or long strap.

As for color cement =) you can always buy black.
So, I bought the Fran...at 40% off in cement!! It just arrived yesterday.

I have a fran( cardamom brown) and the ukita (cement) and I would go with the fran. It bigger and more comfortable to carry. The ukita looks really cute but I can't fit all my important stuff in it. So, that's my opinion, hope it helps!