HM Milaris Advice! Color blocking or plain?

LV Fairy

louie addict
O.G.
Mar 2, 2007
Hi Fellow TPFers!

I've been offered the HM Range and I want to get a Milaris GM. Would you guys prefer color blocking or plain?? I want something versatile and bright so I'm thinking of the Pink with off White Color Blocking or the Pink with navy blue interior?? Would a bright color be longer lasting in color blocking or plain? I want to be able to use this bag when I'm 60 and pass it on to my daug or grand daug in the future!

Any thoughts would be appreciated

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1405256184.268040.jpg
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1405256221.531173.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1405256239.541407.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1405256273.375902.jpg

Pics curtesy if Instagram

I prefer the plain for the timeless aspect. Color blocking is beautiful, but I suspect it will be the "handbag benchmark" of the early 2010s in large part due to the Celine handbags. The color blocking takes away the shape and makes it look more derivative of the trapeze bag, IMHO. Best of luck and congrats on your soon to be HM!!!

^Agree. A single color for the exterior is more elegant and timeless. Since you plan a multi-year lifespan for this bag, the navy would be a great color for the interior. This bag opens well, so even with a darkish interior, you will be able to spot your items. If you go light inside, the bag could always be relined in the future, if it gets too marked up. Have fun choosing!

Me too, agree with everyone, single color with fun color interior as your choice. I love the apple green interior color combo..so lovely. Cannot wait to see your reveal of your HM.

I'm also on the single color bandwagon for your HM. However, that yellowish and white color block is fabulous!

Big congrats on your HM. Can't wait to see what you get! :smile:

Congratulations! That is very exciting! I too prefer the single color, and I think the navy interior is pretty with the pink. I agree with clu13. The color blocked bag reminds me of a Celine. I think the single color will stand the test of time better. Have fun designing!

Hi Fellow TPFers!

I've been offered the HM Range and I want to get a Milaris GM. Would you guys prefer color blocking or plain?? I want something versatile and bright so I'm thinking of the Pink with off White Color Blocking or the Pink with navy blue interior?? Would a bright color be longer lasting in color blocking or plain? I want to be able to use this bag when I'm 60 and pass it on to my daug or grand daug in the future!

Any thoughts would be appreciated

View attachment 2685225
View attachment 2685226View attachment 2685228View attachment 2685229

Pics curtesy if Instagram

Congratulations! I just ordered mine a few months ago. I ordered mine with Gris exterior and a Tiffany blue interior with gold hardware. Good luck deciding!! I'll see mines in a few more months!!! Aloha!

Thanks Clu13! I totally agree with the celine bag thing I like the concept of color blocking to make it a truely summer bag however it does remind me of Celine. Thanks everyone for the comments! Now I just need to chose an interior color dark or light.

Calimoon and Tulip2 Have you got HM in your collection??

marvelyngarasi You have to do a reveal and post in the HM clubhouse! The color combo sounds amazing!

Thanks Clu13! I totally agree with the celine bag thing I like the concept of color blocking to make it a truely summer bag however it does remind me of Celine. Thanks everyone for the comments! Now I just need to chose an interior color dark or light.

Calimoon and Tulip2 Have you got HM in your collection??

marvelyngarasi You have to do a reveal and post in the HM clubhouse! The color combo sounds amazing!
You will have so much fun with your HM. Yes I do have HM Milaris PM in violet with fuschia interior, I love it very very much.

Milaris1_zpsca89a81f.jpg

You will have so much fun with your HM. Yes I do have HM Milaris PM in violet with fuschia interior, I love it very very much.

Milaris1_zpsca89a81f.jpg

Oh yeah! I've been drooling over your HM since 2011 or 2012 in the clubhouse I really luv the color combo you chose! How does the leather feel?? Which leather did you chose?? The are three types for exterior leather soft med or heavy grain sorry my SA did explain the names but i forgot! Did you choose lamb skin or goat??