Hi New To LP Forum, Loose Strings Normal?

Rainbow 06

LYNN
O.G.
Sep 26, 2006

I just got my DMZ tote in Bordeaux and wallet from Amazon. I know it is a soft rugged leather like Bal bags . Nicer I think and chewy, thick. I have a few scratches or faded lines in back of the bag and quite a lot of loose strings. Since it did not come from the LP site, do you find this normal for your bags? It was such a great sale that I like it too much to send it back. I wanted black but only the small Jesse speedy is a good price or the perforated Speedy satchel on The Rack. Anyone notice lines or strings? I think the fraying is normal. Thank you for your help!:smile:

Amazon is very easy to exchange bags on. Just go on there and do the return, and they'll even let you print out a shipping label through UPS. You can choose to exchange or get a refund. But on the other hand. I have received bags from them that look used and have had to return, and have received ones that have loose strings, or have uneven coloring. Most of the ones I have gotten from this sale are perfect. but if you aren't satisfied I would return it.

Amazon is very easy to exchange bags on. Just go on there and do the return, and they'll even let you print out a shipping label through UPS. You can choose to exchange or get a refund. But on the other hand. I have received bags from them that look used and have had to return, and have received ones that have loose strings, or have uneven coloring. Most of the ones I have gotten from this sale are perfect. but if you aren't satisfied I would return it.

I am going to look it over very carefully in a good light and decide. With my experience with Coach in store , I can pick from a few , but if I order from JAX sight unseen, I get an occasional defective bag. Same here I guess . The wallet is perfect. I like the distressed uneven seams too, but I don't want too many strings loose except to tie ends off. Thank you. By the way, did you ever see the small Black JesseSpeedy? I know you cannot wear it with the handles on the shoulder, but it is very cute and on sale.

Last edited:

Yeah around the bottom zip pocket, the leather corner is torn. That is not acceptable. It will have to go back and be packed up tonight. Bummer

I am going to look it over very carefully in a good light and decide. With my experience with Coach in store , I can pick from a few , but if I order from JAX sight unseen, I get an occasional defective bag. Same here I guess . The wallet is perfect. I like the distressed uneven seams too, but I don't want too many strings loose except to tie ends off. Thank you. By the way, did you ever see the small Black JesseSpeedy? I know you cannot wear it with the handles on the shoulder, but it is very cute and on sale.
I love the look of LP leather with the frayed edges. That is one of my favorite things about it! I have never seen a Jesse speedy. I'll check it out and look at it. I do love sales:graucho:

Yeah around the bottom zip pocket, the leather corner is torn. That is not acceptable. It will have to go back and be packed up tonight. Bummer
Well you can exchange it probably if you want. I definitely wouldn't keep something like that either. They will make it right, explain it in the return and ask for somebody to check out the new one before it gets shipped out. Good luck, sorry you had this problem.

Well you can exchange it probably if you want. I definitely wouldn't keep something like that either. They will make it right, explain it in the return and ask for somebody to check out the new one before it gets shipped out. Good luck, sorry you had this problem.

We just packed it up and I ordered another one. The Dylan wallet is fine. I hope the next one is good. Darn, the leather was so gorgeous and my first order too! I wrote a long note. :crybaby::crybaby:

I love the look of LP leather with the frayed edges. That is one of my favorite things about it! I have never seen a Jesse speedy. I'll check it out and look at it. I do love sales:graucho:

Look on the Regular sale on the LP site. It has braided handles but cannot be worn on the shoulder unfortunately . Very good buy. Thanks!:smile:

I just got my second replacement Bordeaux Dylan tote from Amazon late yesterday. This one is entirely different. The condition is much better and it is so soft and smooshy that she can hardly stand up! I looked at everyone's pictures and this seems entirely normal. I have a black on the way also so I hope that I am as lucky with that one. I am a first time owner and the largest bags I own are the coach Phoebes in various colors. They were light and stylish and the last bags Coach made that I really loved. Advice please.
These Dylan's are heavier empty to me and larger so I don't want to put more in them than small things because my back since getting hit by a car goes out easily . I thought the Speedy or a bowler was lighter originally , but I think they are about the same. Any suggestions to keep these gorgeous bags light ? I could not part with them!:P

Last edited:
I just got my second replacement Bordeaux Dylan tote from Amazon late yesterday. This one is entirely different. The condition is much better and it is so soft and smooshy that she can hardly stand up! I looked at everyone's pictures and this seems entirely normal. I have a black on the way also so I hope that I am as lucky with that one. I am a first time owner and the largest bags I own are the coach Phoebes in various colors. They were light and stylish and the last bags Coach made that I really loved. Advice please.
These Dylan's are heavier empty to me and larger so I don't want to put more in them than small things because my back since getting hit by a car goes out easily . I thought the Speedy or a bowler was lighter originally , but I think they are about the same. Any suggestions to keep these gorgeous bags light ? I could not part with them!:P

:biggrin:Yes, LP bags do have a tendency to have poor posture sometimes. I love the leather so much that I don't care, and I actually love the slouchiness of them. I don't like stiff, organized handbags:shame: I don't know how big a Phoebe is, so I can't compare the sizes. Can you do a side by side pic? If you don't carry much with you then the dylan doesn't seem too heavy, but if you load her up she gets heavy. I often use the long cross body strap when I carry a lot, it helps with the weight. I can see your concern if you have back problems. I wouldn't want to take a chance at hurting my back either:nogood::nogood: Maybe try loading it up with what you would normally carry and walk around your house and see how it feels. Let me know if I can help anymore:smile:

:biggrin:Yes, LP bags do have a tendency to have poor posture sometimes. I love the leather so much that I don't care, and I actually love the slouchiness of them. I don't like stiff, organized handbags:shame: I don't know how big a Phoebe is, so I can't compare the sizes. Can you do a side by side pic? If you don't carry much with you then the dylan doesn't seem too heavy, but if you load her up she gets heavy. I often use the long cross body strap when I carry a lot, it helps with the weight. I can see your concern if you have back problems. I wouldn't want to take a chance at hurting my back either:nogood::nogood: Maybe try loading it up with what you would normally carry and walk around your house and see how it feels. Let me know if I can help anymore:smile:

How do you upload a picture post? Trying to figure it out from my phone or iPad . This bag weighs 2 lbs empty and I believe the Coach Phoebe is shorter by 2 or 3 inches and about a lb 4 oz. if I cannot upload I will Pm u my email and show u. Thanks! I tried they said file was too big. PM me. See Phoebe small at Coach.com too, sorry I am so not computer savvy on this site. :help:

How do you upload a picture post? Trying to figure it out from my phone or iPad . This bag weighs 2 lbs empty and I believe the Coach Phoebe is shorter by 2 or 3 inches and about a lb 4 oz. if I cannot upload I will Pm u my email and show u. Thanks! I tried they said file was too big. PM me. See Phoebe small at Coach.com too, sorry I am so not computer savvy on this site. :help:
Hi, on your ipad or iphone, when you reply to a post at the top of the keyboard there is the camera icon and next to it is the one that looks like a picture, just click on it and you can go to your pictures to choose the file to attach, then just submit it and it will upload the picture. Does that make sense?

Just tried my red Phoebe with my minimal everyday things: wallet, makeup case small, keys, iPhone, sanitizer: 3.3 oz. changed to Bordeaux Dylan . Weight is 3 lbs 11.4 ounces . About a half a pound more and the shapes are different. Phoebe is like a narrow top, wide bottom pyramid. Shape. Let me see if I can post link.