Matching or purposely mismatched wallet?

gail13

O.G.
Dec 25, 2009
I didn't see any chatter about this; just wondering if you like to match your wallet to most of your bags or if you'd rather have a pop of color to stand out.

I found a hot pink patent Soho wallet on sale and I love it, but it needs to go in all my bags.

I've heard sometimes patent can pick up transfer marks and I wouldn't want that to happen. Originally I had a canvas one on hold, but decided it would be too fragile in the long run.

I love a pop of color! So I don't know if I'm in the minority here but I love to mismatch.... Although IMO a pop of color goes well with multiple purses, it's not necessarily mismatched to me. :smile:

I love a pop of color! So I don't know if I'm in the minority here but I love to mismatch.... Although IMO a pop of color goes well with multiple purses, it's not necessarily mismatched to me. :smile:

Agreed!

I have Gucci brown croc wallets for everyday, for me the material + colour makes them classic, dark green python for special occasions or as an evening bag that goes with nothing really, not even my green Bouvier because they are such different greens. But I also have a red Hermes wallet that goes with everything because it's red, I think bright orange, red or pink go with everything, just like shades of lipstick

Agreed!

I have Gucci brown croc wallets for everyday, for me the material + colour makes them classic, dark green python for special occasions or as an evening bag that goes with nothing really, not even my green Bouvier because they are such different greens. But I also have a red Hermes wallet that goes with everything because it's red, I think bright orange, red or pink go with everything, just like shades of lipstick

I love that thought...."-just like shades of lipstick!"

Definitely go for the "mismatch". I love a rainbow of colours inside my bag and have been purposefully buying (functional) SLGs that don't match the bag colour-wise. I'm not sure about patent, but even leather can pick up transfer marks so I've actually used a soft (suede) pouch as a buffer between my leather wallet and notebook so the stiff leathers don't rub up against each other. I also use an insert to protect and organise the things.

I'm in the minority here but I like to match! I don't know why, but it just feels extra special when you pull out a matching wallet. I think I picked that up from my mum. Also I feel like rotating your purses extends its life, so by rotating my wallets I guess I feel like I'm not wearing them out. I probably only have three purses in my entire collection that don't have a matching wallet. The extent to which I've branched out from matching was when I couldn't get the matching wallet to one of the soho discos, so I picked up a wallet from LV that was in the exact same colour and material lol

I'm so sorry for hijacking this topic. I'm a new user and can't start a thread myself.

Does anyone know what kind of leather is microguccissima leather? Particularly, this wallet http://www.gucci.com/us/styles/307987BMJ1R6420#

I'm looking at leather conditioners and it says not use use on the following leathers:

Patent
Suede
Haircalf
Metallic
Vachetta
Genuine Exotics
Pebbled leather
Water buffalo leather
Suede or treated suede
Treated leather
Nappa leather
Patent leather
Vachetta leather
Fabric material (twill, signature fabrics, nylon, satin, metallic, denim)
Straw
Haircalf

I don't want to ruin a brand new wallet. Thanks so much for your help.