Minka vs Leslie

The little Minka has only one strap to hold on the arm while the Leslie has two (they both have crossbody straps too). Also I believe the Minka is a bit larger and slouchier. I own two Minkas, but not a Leslie.

I think another major difference between the Leslie and the Minka is that the main compartment in the Leslie is zippered up, whereas the Minka's main compartment is the one with the magnetized flap.

Here are some pics side by side so you can see the differences!

Minka on the left, Leslie on the right (black). I think they're both large, I know the Minka is for sure the Leslie I got second hand.

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1400716975.126990.jpg

Deets Pictures

Inside Main Compartment
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1400717044.371300.jpg
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1400717076.956385.jpg
(Sorry she's full!!)

Handles
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1400717111.230134.jpg
(See below attached for Minka Handle pic as this one didn't load correctly for some reason)

Secondary Compartments
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1400717210.257472.jpg

Personally I like the Minka better than the Leslie by a smidge. This Leslie didn't come with the option of the long strap (I'm pretty sure the large one didn't), and I've never attached the long strap to my Minka because she sits well under my arm.

If I had to choose a style I would go Minka, I rarely reach for this Leslie unless it's raining, mostly because she came to me in worse shape than described by the ebay seller and so I don't worry about her as much when it comes to the elements. I find having to zip and unzip the Leslie constantly is annoying too and trying to dig around at the bottom can be time consuming, on the other hand the Minka slouches more than I like so she looks a little sloppy when she's sitting around!

I just realized my pics aren't completely helpful but I hope they are to a point! The above poster is right thought that the minka's main compartment is under the flap while with the Leslie you have to unzip the flap to get to the main compartment.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByPurseForum1400717138.053092.jpg
    ImageUploadedByPurseForum1400717138.053092.jpg
    767.7 KB · Views: 605
Last edited:
I can only speak for the large Leslie cause that's what I have - I really love that bag. It does only come with the "shoulder straps" - no long strap - for me personally, it fits on my shoulder when I force it but not terribly comfortably - that would probably be my only complaint. Otherwise, I love the security of having to unfold the top and unzip to get to the contents, its nice and roomy and has a great shape and style IMO. I do think the Minkas are adorable looking as well though.
Seems like you can't go wrong either way.

I can only speak for the large Leslie cause that's what I have - I really love that bag. It does only come with the "shoulder straps" - no long strap - for me personally, it fits on my shoulder when I force it but not terribly comfortably - that would probably be my only complaint. Otherwise, I love the security of having to unfold the top and unzip to get to the contents, its nice and roomy and has a great shape and style IMO. I do think the Minkas are adorable looking as well though.
Seems like you can't go wrong either way.
Thank you so much, especially for the pictures. This really helped!

Here are some pics side by side so you can see the differences!

Minka on the left, Leslie on the right (black). I think they're both large, I know the Minka is for sure the Leslie I got second hand.

View attachment 2625133

Deets Pictures

Inside Main Compartment
View attachment 2625136
View attachment 2625138
(Sorry she's full!!)

Handles
View attachment 2625139
(See below attached for Minka Handle pic as this one didn't load correctly for some reason)

Secondary Compartments
View attachment 2625143

Personally I like the Minka better than the Leslie by a smidge. This Leslie didn't come with the option of the long strap (I'm pretty sure the large one didn't), and I've never attached the long strap to my Minka because she sits well under my arm.

If I had to choose a style I would go Minka, I rarely reach for this Leslie unless it's raining, mostly because she came to me in worse shape than described by the ebay seller and so I don't worry about her as much when it comes to the elements. I find having to zip and unzip the Leslie constantly is annoying too and trying to dig around at the bottom can be time consuming, on the other hand the Minka slouches more than I like so she looks a little sloppy when she's sitting around!

I just realized my pics aren't completely helpful but I hope they are to a point! The above poster is right thought that the minka's main compartment is under the flap while with the Leslie you have to unzip the flap to get to the main compartment.
Thank you--the pictures helped a LOT!!!

No problem! Sorry about the background it's my storage room on top of the two deep freezes that we have, covered by those god awful dollar store tablecloths, but it had the best lighting at the time.

I'm new in KS. I was debating over minka and leslie for my next purse purchase. Im glad i stumbled upon this thread. happenstance's pictures and comparison were very helpful. Thank you so much!

I agree that the Little Minka looks different when it's on the shoulder vs crossbody. When it's on the shoulder, it's smushed up more so it looks more casual. When it's worn crossbody, it lies flatter so it looks less casual (I wouldn't go so far as to say it looks more professional as I don't know that bright pink pebbled leather is ever going to look ultra professional).

I chose the Little Minka over the Leslie because I wanted to be able to use the shorter straps to shoulder carry (not just hand carry or rest on the forearm).

I dont have any Leslie but have a large minka and also getting a lil minka (yipee)
I really like Leslie's fold and zip up main compartment than Minka's not so strong magnetic holding the slouchy flap which dont always close up.
I did consider the small Leslie when I get the lil Minka, small leslie is a tab smaller than lil minka in dimension. but I prefer the overall look of the Minka.
The handles look so long on the large Leslie yet those on the small leslie are too short to wear on the shoulder. I also dont like how the handles are attached onto the bag