Newbie needs a wallet recommendation!

OCMomof3

O.G.
Feb 26, 2013
I am so excited about my first bag on the way! I plan on buying a wallet at the boutique this week, and wanted to get some ideas from seasoned Chanel ladies.

The bag is a 227 reissue, dark brown caviar with SHW. I am not committed to a matching wallet, but I do want: 1) A full size wallet, 2) Caviar leather 3) 8 card slots (minimum). I am accustomed to paying around 1k for LV leather wallets, but would rather not exceed that by much. Is that possible?

I know NOTHING. All advice welcome.:smile:

Last edited:
A small flat bi fold wallet is under $1000. Full size is $985 before price increase (if my memory is right) so I am not sure if you can meet your target.

You can go to Chanel website and check out the prices and see what fall into your price range

The Zip Pocket Wallet might be a good one to look at, if I remember correctly it comes in caviar and quilted caviar finishes. Not sure on the current US pricing as I'm UK based but I would think should be roughly within budget for you. The smooth one is style code A50073 and is currently £540 in the UK. The quilted caviar is style code A48667, if you like the LV French Purse style these are both very similar.

I am so excited about my first bag on the way! I plan on buying a wallet at the boutique this week, and wanted to get some ideas from seasoned Chanel ladies.

The bag is a 227 reissue, dark brown caviar with SHW. I am not committed to a matching wallet, but I do want: 1) A full size wallet, 2) Caviar leather 3) 8 card slots (minimum). I am accustomed to paying around 1k for LV leather wallets, but would rather not exceed that by much. Is that possible?

I know NOTHING. All advice welcome.:smile:
Congrats on your Reissue 227, it's such a great bag. Please post a picture after getting it.

See link below for ideas on Chanel wallets. I've both LV and Chanel wallets, and I have to say that my LV wallets show less wear.

http://forum.purseblog.com/chanel-r...nel-wallets-sm-leather-goods-here-313870.html

Congrats on your Reissue 227, it's such a great bag. Please post a picture after getting it.

See link below for ideas on Chanel wallets. I've both LV and Chanel wallets, and I have to say that my LV wallets show less wear.

Thank you so much, I will definitely check that out. :smile:. I am a total LV girl, and I have heard that their wallets come out ahead in durability. I only buy their leather wallets. I like to keep my bags and accessories in the same brand family, so I will at least peek at Chanel's offerings. Thanks again! :smile: