They Did It Better the First Time Around...

Thank you all for your lovely compliments! :smile: I really enjoyed reading them. I've taken out this Dior tote a couple of times and have to remind myself to stop staring at it in public. lol.

What a cutie !! How much was this bag?i may want to go invest
Thank you!!! I got it for the original price, $1150 plus tax in Boston, MA. The "new" Panarea is more, however (not sure how much more). Boutiques vary as to how many of the older style they had in stock, but the Boston one has a decent amount to choose from. Good luck! :smile:

I saw the new Panarea bag today and I have to say that I was impressed (surprisingly). The leather is rubberized everywhere around, which makes it more durable than the leather on the original. Also, the charms were very richly resin coated so they won't scratch. The SA was saying that the new leather edges and straps are more durable, and they certainly felt that way.

Too bad its only available in two sizes, none of them being as small as the two smallest sizes of the original.

I saw the new Panarea bag today and I have to say that I was impressed (surprisingly). The leather is rubberized everywhere around, which makes it more durable than the leather on the original. Also, the charms were very richly resin coated so they won't scratch. The SA was saying that the new leather edges and straps are more durable, and they certainly felt that way.

Too bad its only available in two sizes, none of them being as small as the two smallest sizes of the original.
Wow, I'm surprised you liked it, AJ! I'll have to take another look at it and maybe I'll appreciate it more. It certainly sounds of high quality by your and the SA's description. I still miss the puffy quilts from the old version, though, and I love the sheen that the older version has on it.

I wonder if the new Panarea will eventually come in all the lovely, rich colors that the older one does? Right now the new one only comes in off-white, light pink, and black, if I'm not mistaken.

Wow, I'm surprised you liked it, AJ! I'll have to take another look at it and maybe I'll appreciate it more. It certainly sounds of high quality by your and the SA's description. I still miss the puffy quilts from the old version, though, and I love the sheen that the older version has on it.

I wonder if the new Panarea will eventually come in all the lovely, rich colors that the older one does? Right now the new one only comes in off-white, light pink, and black, if I'm not mistaken.

The new one also comes turquoise, blue, rosato, and beige.

I do like the quilting on the older version, but this new version impressed with the thinner leather handles that look less susceptible to cracking at the edges. The bag had a very clean look to it. The black version was stunning because it was so black all the way through.

The new one also comes turquoise, blue, rosato, and beige.

I do like the quilting on the older version, but this new version impressed with the thinner leather handles that look less susceptible to cracking at the edges. The bag had a very clean look to it. The black version was stunning because it was so black all the way through.

I think a dude can rock the new black panarea. *hint hint* :graucho:

Congrats on your stunning (old and original) panarea tote, OP! I recall you having others like it before. The silver one was stunning! :biggrin: