New Epi Smell???

Willie7027

Sep 3, 2006
Hi all,

I just got a new beautiful Epi Passy GM in red. However, it has a strong "new" smell to it. I mean it doesn't just have a little smell when you put your nose up to it, but I can smell it when it is sitting about 6-8 feet away from me.

Is this normal? I called 866 and they basically said that's the way the bags are, but the woman didn't really give me any info.

Will the odor lessen like a new leather coat would?

Thanks.

the epi just usually has a leather smell to it so it's not unusual. perhaps the batch your bag came from had a bit stronger scent to it? i actually like the way the epi smells and the vernis for that matter.

I remembered when I first use my Passy, even lady at the post office noticed that it smelled new. Then, she asked me whether the bag was new and I said yes.

She said it's nice bag.

So, to answer you question, yes :P (in a good way).

Congrats!!

Ps. I think Epi doesn't smell like cat urine at all, it smells like leather.

Hi all,

I just got a new beautiful Epi Passy GM in red. However, it has a strong "new" smell to it. I mean it doesn't just have a little smell when you put your nose up to it, but I can smell it when it is sitting about 6-8 feet away from me.

Is this normal? I called 866 and they basically said that's the way the bags are, but the woman didn't really give me any info.

Will the odor lessen like a new leather coat would?

Thanks.

I have to agree that Epi DOES have a very peculiar smell, and in my opinion, it's not very pleasant...

It's not a horrible smell, just not a very pleasant one. And I think because the Passy GM is so big, and there's so much Epi leather, it smells even stronger!

Vernis also has a strong smell, but it's a much better smell, IMO.

It's not a cat pee smell. It's more like leather than cat pee. LOL But, not quite regular leather. It's hard to describe.

I guess I'll relax if it's normal. I'm sure it will go away in time.

Thanks all.