Question about the small size Cartier Anglaise

Lisa-SH

Lisa-SH
O.G.
Sep 30, 2006
I have a question about the small size Cartier Tank Anglaise quartz watch, is the crown part (or wheel), when it is clicked back to notch/shell box, is it supposed to be whirling so easy? As small size Tank Anglaisedoes not have date setting, so the moving wheel function is only for decoration purpose?

I am talkiing about the part in pic attached with arrow highlighted. Hope someone that has the same watch can help answering Thanks.

Attachments

• wheel.png
    wheel.png
    214.3 KB · Views: 339
Last edited:
I have a question about the small size Cartier Tank Anglaise quartz watch, is the crown part (or wheel), when it is clicked back to notch/shell box, is it supposed to be whirling so easy? As small size Tank Anglaisedoes not have date setting, so the moving wheel function is only for decoration purpose?

I am talkiing about the part in pic attached with arrow highlighted. Hope someone that has the same watch can help answering Thanks.

I don’t have this type of watch but one of my friend had this watch. I saw that the crown part (or wheel), when it is clicked back to notch/shell box, it was supposed to be whirling so easy.