Help with First Givenchy Bag

DebbieC

Jun 17, 2013
Hello everyone, I'm new to this forum I'm usually in Mulberry. I'm looking to get my first G bag, an Antigona, this one here

http://m.selfridges.com/mt/www.self...1-13L5102012430/?previewAttribute=Bright+blue

I've tried researching this leather but I can't find anything about it. It just says sugar tote, is this the leather type?? I can't find anything in the description as to whether its calf/goat etc.

Does anyone have experience with this bag, ie is the leather durable? I don't want to be worrying about it scuffing easy.

Also I'm debating between this colour and black, more than likely the blue as I own a black bag already but I want it to be a classic colour that will go with everything

Thank you!

The bag is a beauty. It looks like the goat skin to me... I have never had issue with scratches etc with any of my Givenchy. I like the color...I have a blue Lucrezia and it really goes with almost everything. You should get the bag....

It is goat leather. I noticed Selfridges.com doesn't have great descriptions sometimes. I don't believe that this leather will scuff easily, it looks very durable! Definitely a great bag! I'd go for black or the beige, the Givenchy beige is something else! It's so beautiful! At the end of the day it's what you think will go with your personality and wardrobe :biggrin:

"Sugar" leather is goatskin. Really don't know where they get that term. This is a durable leather. It is forgiving with light wear. The medium will likely smoosh with use. The small will likely keep its shape. The blue is amazingly neutral. I wear my Moroccan Blue, which is essentially the same blue, with just about anything. I have this color in small Antigona and medium Nightingale. I get compliments all the time. I think the bright blue is an eye catching pop of color but not overwhelming. Can be worn year round too.

Thanks for your help everyone, I'm glad its goat leather and durable. I can't wait to get this little beauty now! :smile:

Does anyone know if these go in the sale, I won't be purchasing until the end of May but if I know there's a possibility it will go in the summer sales I'll hold off a month or so...

Thanks for your help everyone, I'm glad its goat leather and durable. I can't wait to get this little beauty now! :smile:

Does anyone know if these go in the sale, I won't be purchasing until the end of May but if I know there's a possibility it will go in the summer sales I'll hold off a month or so...

Hi DebbieC,

I managed to get my Antigona with 20% off at Selfridges around Christmas last year. If they have any summer sales, make sure to read the small print as I had to fight to get them to honour the discount.

I would try and get some intel about summer sales from their helpline and them be ready online to buy if they go on sale so there will be no resistance from them.

Good luck- it's such a beautiful bag! :smile:

Yep it's goat as previous posters have already said. I've also found Selfridges to be so frustrating when it comes to their descriptions - rarely is the material specified, or the colour, and with colours looking so different sometimes under a range of lighting conditions on different websites, it can sometimes be a gamble!

I think the blue would be a fabulous addition to your collection. It is a beautiful shade of blue that can be worn all year around, and pretty much compliment any outfit. Black will always be around. Blue is special :smile:

Good Luck!! Make sure to post a reveal :graucho:

Hi guys, I want to get this bag as well!! But only if it goes on sale. Does anyone know when the selfridges/harrods/general summer sales in London are this year??

xx