Cross Grain Leather?

pandorabox

"She was wearing all Chanel."
O.G.
May 2, 2011
Now I know the differences between top grain and full grain and split grains. But can someone please tell me the what is cross grain??? I have been searching all over with nothing to be found really. Would appreciate any knowledge. Thanks!

Now I know the differences between top grain and full grain and split grains. But can someone please tell me the what is cross grain??? I have been searching all over with nothing to be found really. Would appreciate any knowledge. Thanks!
It is simply a pattern embossed on cattle or calf leather - like Saffiano leather, or scotch grain leather. If you'll do a search on Google (or Bing) for 'cross grain leather' and look at the Images, not the Web, you'll see it's just a pattern on the leather... I think it's more common in Europe.

It is simply a pattern embossed on cattle or calf leather - like Saffiano leather, or scotch grain leather. If you'll do a search on Google (or Bing) for 'cross grain leather' and look at the Images, not the Web, you'll see it's just a pattern on the leather... I think it's more common in Europe.

Thanks you indiaink!!! I have been searching wrong. I will def go and look. I thought it was referring to the quality of leather and not a pattern. That makes sense. 💜

Sent from my iPhone using PurseForum mobile app