Average time listed?

Aug 29, 2012
Hi all,

I was just wondering how long, on average, that your handbags take to sell? I know that there is no definitive answer but if it is taking a long time do you reduce the price?

I guess I'm just wondering if I'm impatient or it can take a while?

Depends on the brand and the demand. I will leave something for years if that is what it takes to get my price. Not everything listed is viewable so it can take longer than it used to.

I've only sold maybe a dozen. A couple of my bags sold in one day. Some took weeks or months.
The ones that sold the fastest were full price (I sell on Bonanza with asking price OBO). Those fast ones were wonderful PFrs who just wanted those bags and my prices were fair. I have a few on there now that have been on for a Long time....
As Poopsie said, it just depends on the demand.

Try listing a price and opening up a best offer option. Many of my bags sell on best offer (within reason and at my own discretion of course)

I agree. While it is not for everybody, it is amazing how many people like to negotiate. Sometimes just getting a little off asking is enough. Just make sure you set the minimum offer you are willing to accept so you don't get bombarded with ridiculous low ball offers.

The nice thing about best offer is that you can check out the buyer's feedback and feedback they leave to get a feel for whether or not you want to deal with them.