Best place to SELL LV? Fashionphile or Craigslist?

Gigigirl70

Mar 23, 2012
I have a new (used once) with box, receipt and shopping bag Vernis Alma PM in Blanc Corail that I used on my wedding day. I don't think I will ever use it again. What's my best route? Thanks anyone!

ETA: Reminder that there is no selling/buying/trading on tPF

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I'm not much of a seller but I think if I were to sell something I'd go with an online consignment store (yoogis for example) simply because you know u are dealing with professionals, selling on eBay leaves too much liability (IMO) and I'd be scared of having to deal with someone who says they never got Package , or claims its fake, I don't know, I'm paranoid I guess and would rather deal with a company.. Good luck !

I think it depends how much you value time/effort. If you have a lot of time eBay is probably the best option (large market-- ESP if you can wait for the right buyer). Craigslist is probably money in your pocket soonest- but probably less $ than eBay and is more work.

Yoogis and fashionphile are probably the least amount of effort and $$.

Thanks guys. I don't do Ebay....ever. I did consider Craigslist though. I have bought on Fashionphile and Malleries in the past and trust them. I forgot about Yoogies, thanks!!! I think I will go re-seller route. Never sold before. It's a waste of 2K sitting in it's dustbag....."yellowing" as the tv commercial goes haha.

I have a new (used once) with box, receipt and shopping bag Vernis Alma PM in Blanc Corail that I used on my wedding day. I don't think I will ever use it again. What's my best route? Thanks anyone!

ETA: Reminder that there is no selling/buying/trading on tPF

I'm sorry I didn't know I did anything wrong. I was asking about Fashionphile vs Craigslist. Please remove my post if it is in violation of the rules. Sorry again :sad:

What do you all think is "fair asking" for a $2000.00 bag used once? Thank you!
Almas are difficult to sell on Craigslist because most people aren't gonna pay that much cash. But in SoCal you will have better luck than anywhere else. :tup:

I would go with ebay (and Bonanza) and simply do a buy it now with best offer option. You can weed out undesirable buyers because everyone will submit offers and you can decline or accept at your choosing. Also enable the auto-decline so you don't even have to look at offers under $1500. Ship with insurance and require a signature for delivery.

The problem with a "like new" bag is that it's still used. So if the price isn't that much better than retail, most buyers won't bite. I'd say regardless of where you post it, do $1,999 or best offer. That's already a decent discount off current retail ($2,160) plus tax. After the increase it will be an even better discount. HTH.