Another unhappy customer with Mulberry customer services

s_kat

Apr 14, 2013
A really annoying start to Christmas Eve... an email from Mulberry saying they can't see anything wrong with two bags I send back due to quality issues.

I was unhappy with some deep creases across the front of my Alexa, which (as I clearly explained) were there from the start, but I used the bag hoping that they would 'relax'. Given that the leather is the new, thicker polished buffalo, it just doesn't crease in the same way as the soft buffalo ones, but retains its structure well.

Apparently Mulberry don't consider this an issue - which astonishes me. I just would not expect that leather to be used on the front of a bag costing £1100, and having looked at many others in store to see if I was being overly picky, can only conclude that mine somehow slipped through quality control.

I also have a SP plum snake embossed Lily which (despite never being used) has cracking on the edging and the leather is kind of 'gathered' at the corners, which I think is due to poor stitching... or maybe it is just an inferior leather that I shouldn't have trusted... will be very wary in future of SP items.

Soooo frustrated...

Have requested that they review their response, but am feeling completely fobbed off and not overly optimistic.

Hi any luck with this, have you heard from them?

I ask because I've seen a few posts now with issues with repairs and I've just sent my Daria in to have them address some tarnishing on the zip pull.

Im just a little worried as I can't see how they can replace just the fob and if they have to replace the whole zip, how can they do it without the over stitching showing.

Hope it does get sorted to your satisfaction.

Hi any luck with this, have you heard from them?

I ask because I've seen a few posts now with issues with repairs and I've just sent my Daria in to have them address some tarnishing on the zip pull.

Im just a little worried as I can't see how they can replace just the fob and if they have to replace the whole zip, how can they do it without the over stitching showing.

Hope it does get sorted to your satisfaction.
Back in negotiations... it is taking forever :nogood:

The QC people keep insisting that the deep lines across the front of my Alexa are normal variation. I have seen enough of these bags (did a lot of research looking at other examples in various stores before deciding to send mine in) to know that this is NOT the case - the polished buffalo Alexas are really even. I have no idea why they are being so difficult.

Really, really frustrating... especially as I am simply asking for a replacement, not a refund!

Hope your repair goes ok - keep us posted!

Back in negotiations... it is taking forever :nogood:

The QC people keep insisting that the deep lines across the front of my Alexa are normal variation. I have seen enough of these bags (did a lot of research looking at other examples in various stores before deciding to send mine in) to know that this is NOT the case - the polished buffalo Alexas are really even. I have no idea why they are being so difficult.

Really, really frustrating... especially as I am simply asking for a replacement, not a refund!

Hope your repair goes ok - keep us posted!

Thanks and agree with you, the one and only I had my hands on was absolutely perfect. Almost as if it had been photoshopped.

If that was to go by, why would yours haves lines on it

It's such a shame and I'd be tempted to tell them to look on here and see how many issues people are having right now with quality and CS.

If its normal, why do their stock photos show blemish free bags minus lines?

Good luck and keep on their case!

http://i864.photobucket.com/albums/ab202/Holstendog/b38279c3697a32d3864e2f0e1081bb9d_zps3271a2bb.jpg

I don't know if the link has posted properly to my first attempt to use photo bucket, but it should show the leather worn away on a front corner of my 8 day old SBS.

I am so surprised and disappointed because she appeared perfect when I got her on 30th Dec. I sprayed her with Collonil, and only started using her on 2nd Jan. I've really babied her, she's never even been placed on the floor! I've emailed Mulberry and await their reply.

Do you ladies agree this is unacceptable and bizarre for a virtually brand new bag? Any ideas what is the cause? Or advice on what I should be insisting Mulberry should do?

http://i864.photobucket.com/albums/ab202/Holstendog/b38279c3697a32d3864e2f0e1081bb9d_zps3271a2bb.jpg

I don't know if the link has posted properly to my first attempt to use photo bucket, but it should show the leather worn away on a front corner of my 8 day old SBS.

I am so surprised and disappointed because she appeared perfect when I got her on 30th Dec. I sprayed her with Collonil, and only started using her on 2nd Jan. I've really babied her, she's never even been placed on the floor! I've emailed Mulberry and await their reply.

Do you ladies agree this is unacceptable and bizarre for a virtually brand new bag? Any ideas what is the cause? Or advice on what I should be insisting Mulberry should do?

Not even a month!

Last edited:
Oh no Holstendog :sad: I agree that's totally unacceptable. I have Mulberrys that are a few years old and non of them look like that. I haven't used my oak SBS yet, I hope it's not a common problem with the bag.

I made sure to check every inch of her when she arrived, I'd read so much on the forum about poor quality control. I would stake my life on the fact she was perfect, corners included. In fact, I've probably got the photos to prove it!

I've got a 2 year old Bella Hobo in oak that I've slung around disgracefully as my work bag, and she looks fantastic in comparison to my new SBS...and that must be a sign of shoddy workmanship or poor grade leather being used now.

That is so not cool! They should do something about that!

That is definitely not what you'd expect after only a few days of careful use...

They may well advise you send the bag in, or take it into a store to forward on for a quality check.

Good luck!