Is this normal?

needmoreCC

Sep 26, 2013
Hey guys... so I recently bought a classic flap a few days ago, but noticed a small problem. The leather that goes through the chain is coming apart at the ends, and it gets stuck every time I adjust the straps to either make it double strap or single strap. I don't remember my other flaps having this problem, but since I'm away from home I can't compare. Is this normal? :hrmm:

Attachments

• IMG_5079.jpg
    IMG_5079.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 459
Hey guys... so I recently bought a classic flap a few days ago, but noticed a small problem. The leather that goes through the chain is coming apart at the ends, and it gets stuck every time I adjust the straps to either make it double strap or single strap. I don't remember my other flaps having this problem, but since I'm away from home I can't compare. Is this normal? :hrmm:

Two other people had bags like this, not sure if this is a defect or the new way they are making them.

All flaps have that same spot where the chain loops connecting the 2 pieces. HOWEVER. It looks like it could have like 1 more stitch on like either end to keep those very ends from sticking up, That's why you probably notice it here and not your other flaps. If you just bought it, think about exchanging it. if you used it or you feel it's otherwise perfect and don't want to exchange, have Chanel fix it for you. Not hard for them to do and it should come out perfectly.

I had the same issue with a Maxi I bought. They couldn't replace it since it was a rare color but they were able to fix it in the store. Just make sure to get it fixed so it doesn't get worse. Mine was good as new when they were done.