Touch me up......

Grands Fonds

Alive and Kicking
May 29, 2006
Question: Can chamonix be 'touched up"? I have been offered a little something in rouge h chamonix, but with a little minor wear on the corners - anyone know how well it can be touched up??

From what I know of chamonix, I thought it is hard to touch up the wear esp on the corners, kind of like vache. I remember Claude telling me that the part that has wear can catch dirt and it will just turn dark and then it will be hard to get out...

I could be wrong but that was why I let go of my chamonix and vache bags...

From what I know of chamonix, I thought it is hard to touch up the wear esp on the corners, kind of like vache. I remember Claude telling me that the part that has wear can catch dirt and it will just turn dark and then it will be hard to get out...

I could be wrong but that was why I let go of my chamonix and vache bags...

ahhh, ok...I may let this one go, then.....

no pics, unfortunately...

I do believe all about bags is pretty much on target with this one. I asked about this as well when I was discussing this leather and also box calf. Of course, box calf received the winning reviews of the two. Rouge H is really beautiful in chamonix though. How bad is the corner wear now? Is it a birkin? Kelly?

Of course, box calf received the winning reviews of the two.

someone just recently posted in the thread about using the kelly with a canvas strap to carry messenger-style that they were warned not to do this with box, as it creates white spots that cannot be refurbished. how would those type of white spots be different from corner wear, i wonder?....
um, hehe, i think i ought to post this comment in that thread.... sorry.