Not sure what to do

spartancoaster

of spirit, say what?
O.G.
Oct 9, 2006
I just purchased a grenat city from BALNY at the end of last month. I wasn't quite sure what to expect since I had never seen one IRL. When it arrived, I wasn't nearly as excited as I thought I'd be. I think I was trying to convince myself to like it, especially since I couldn't return it. Don't get me wrong it's a gorgeous bag, but I think deep down inside I just knew it wasn't the bag for me. I have 2 small children and dress very casual on a daily basis and this bag isn't really practical for my needs and lifestyle right now. I also have guilt for how much I have spent on it (even though my DH completely approved), since the most I have ever spent on a bag before my bbag was $400. I think that it is best for me to try to sell it but was wondering if there are any other ways to do that other than ebay. Is there a spot in this forum where I can post it for sale or is that against the rules?

I wish I had the passion for this bag like you all do, but I guess I can't force it on myself. I'd much rather have it go to someone that would truly love it!

sorry that u didnt love ur bag...
I think ebay is the only opportunity for now..
THere is TPF Marketplaza but u need to fulfill certain criterias and have to apply in order to become a member..
But ebay should be ok..just be sure to take good pictures of everything that indicates that ur bag is real..(buckles,studs,rivets,silver plate,backside of the plate ,all tags..)
good luck!

Aww, that's too bad you didn't like it.
As for how to sell it, Ebay is probably your best option. Or try Ann's Fabulous Finds (just Google that and you'll find her site). Although I have never used AFF maybe someone here has and will chime in.....

I know what you mean. I purchased a Black City and have used it only 2x, for a few hours each time. I also have 2 small children and dress casual. I find myself reaching for my black Day over and over.

Good luck selling your bag! There are also some yahoo groups that sell designer handbags.

Sorry to hear about your disappointment.

Try RealDealCollection - she's a PFer with a Balenciaga resale website of the same name. I bought a bag from her, and she's an absolute sweetheart:heart: .

Good luck!

spartancoaster, so sorry that you and your Grenat City didn't fall in love, but don't keep it if you don't really see yourself using it. PM realdealcollection and see what she can do about reselling your Bbag...

Good luck!

Just be aware that the consignment shops take a large percentage of your sale. I am not sure what it is for RealDealcollection but Ann's FF takes 40%. If you decided to go the consignment route, you might get lucky or ask Ann about the reduced fee for B-bags. She had a special not long ago where instead of 40%, she only took 20%. I was thinking of going through Ann's FF but I thought I would try my luck on Ebay first and I am glad that I did because I almost recouped all of my original investment as opposed to taking a 20% hit. Good luck!

Grenat in my opinion looks much better in photos than it does in real life ... so do you think it could be the darkness of Grenat that has you disappointed? Maybe you would react completely differently to a different color... like Blue India... :drool: BTW, the Motorcycle bag is about as casual as it gets ... but I guess the tassels can get a little "fussy" with kids and daily life.

I just purchased a grenat city from BALNY at the end of last month. I wasn't quite sure what to expect since I had never seen one IRL. When it arrived, I wasn't nearly as excited as I thought I'd be. I think I was trying to convince myself to like it, especially since I couldn't return it. Don't get me wrong it's a gorgeous bag, but I think deep down inside I just knew it wasn't the bag for me. I have 2 small children and dress very casual on a daily basis and this bag isn't really practical for my needs and lifestyle right now. I also have guilt for how much I have spent on it (even though my DH completely approved), since the most I have ever spent on a bag before my bbag was $400. I think that it is best for me to try to sell it but was wondering if there are any other ways to do that other than ebay. Is there a spot in this forum where I can post it for sale or is that against the rules?

I wish I had the passion for this bag like you all do, but I guess I can't force it on myself. I'd much rather have it go to someone that would truly love it!

I'm not a big fan of the City, either, for many of the reasons you cite. Perhaps you could exchange it for a Day? I find the Day to be a much more casual style and very, very comfortable to wear - unlike the City, so easy to wear on the shoulder (and so much room). I think if you could get one in a Truffle or Cafe you might use it quite often.

Thanks for all your suggestions on what I should do. I think I'll try the ebay route and see how that goes. I love the grenat color and the shape/size of the city, but I just feel that it's too nice to carry around with me everyday. I'm the type of person that puts my bags on the ground if I have to and this isn't the type of bag to do that to. Even if I were to get a different style/color bbag I think I'd feel the same way. :sad: