Buying a domain name..help please!

Ethan's Mommy

Jan 7, 2007
I am trying to purchase a domain name and cannot figure out where I should go.

Can anyone who owns one please point me in the right direction. I need something for a legit business so it has to be from an established place.

I am so lost! Please help! :flowers:

godaddy.com is good... my BF has his personal email, website and name thru them...

the names themselves can be like $10/yr, but then to run it, you need to have hosting space. Hosting space allows you to store stuff on their web server, and depending on how much hosting space you need, than can be $5-$10 per month.

Thats for the basic service, if you want add ons like blogging capabilities, or email at your domain, those are extra

hope this helps :heart:

I second GoDaddy.com - I've had nothing but good experiences with them, plus they have one of the cheapest name registrations around.

If you're looking for a good host, I suggest you visit www.webhostingtalk.com, which is a forum like tPF but only for webhosting stuff. It's very good, and you can get some stellar deals from hosting providers who are members there, as well as read reviews of each company.

I also agree with GoDaddy.com and visiting webhostingtalk.com for space to upload your website.

Just make sure to do a lot of research and browse for promos! =) I got a killer deal with that forum.

I'd like to warn everyone about godaddy.com. They are facing some lawsuits. If you search a domain name and don't buy it within a few hours, they will snap it up and sell it at a higher price.

If you want to buy from godaddy, I'd do the brainstorming and searching elsewhere.

I recommend namecheap.com
No shady business I've heard about.

Other ones like networkconnections have shady stuff too.

godaddy.com.

I made a web site for my company through godaddy and it was very easy and not very pricey at all.

If you decide to go with godaddy use the word "Ron" as the promotional code and you'll only pay $6.95 a year for the domain name!!!

since there is some doubt with godaddy I don't think I'll go that way. Thank you VLad for linking me to powerpipe..I think it looks like a good site. Also I will check out webhostingtalk.com

THANK YOU EVERYONE!!!!! :flowers: