Monogram Vernis owners, please help!!!

kristie

"H" is for horses?
O.G.
Oct 10, 2006
I am contemplating getting the zippy Vernis wallet in Framboise and was wondering how the Vernis leather holds up. Regular monogram is pretty much bulletproof...but how does the Vernis compare?? I have never had any Vernis and don't want to spend $675 on a wallet that is going to get thrashed quickly. I take meticulous care of my items, but I want something that will also last. Thank you so much!:P :P :P

Is Vernis made of leather? I didn't know...

Yes, vernis is patent leather. The only vernis piece I have is a pomme cles which I just got the nerve to start using. So far so good. I was really scared to even take it out of the dust bag, but I think it's more durable than I first thought it was. It's just so pretty, and many colors to choose from. I think a vernis zippy would be gorgeous!

I have a vernis wallet and agenda and 4 key holder. They are all darker colors, and I have never had any problem with them. I use them everyday and so far they still all look brand new.

I have read a little bit about color transfer problems to some of the vernis pieces on this forum. If you get color transfer, you can't fix it. I have a frambois agenda and I baby it. I keep it in its dustbag in my purse so that I don't have to worry about color transfer. I could just be being over protective though!

Vernis holds up really well. I switched when I got my Groom wallets but I have the Porte Tresors in Peppermint and Fuchsia and the Ludlow in Bronze and they have held up extremely well. The Porte Tresors are just about the same size as the Zippys but a bit smaller, but mine are still gorgeous despite daily use (about 2 years for each one)!

it is so cute and very functional.....and strong!!! and it smells good too~~!!!

i have the same framboise zippy and small agenda --- love them too much!!!:heart: you won't regret it!

I have a Framboise Vernis small ring agenda (which I use as a wallet) and a framboise cles which I use as a coin purse and they are still in perfect condition. I've had them for a little over a month, but I am known to be very gentle with my things. I think they've held up very well... well enough that I would consider getting a vernis peace again!