MFF Kristin Hobo question

mffkristin.jpg

Large mff kristin hobo in black. This is exactly the same quality leather of the fp kristins (not the sages but the regular kristins).

The bag is extremely high quality for an mff bag in my opinion.

Large mff kristin hobo in black. This is exactly the same quality leather of the fp kristins (not the sages but the regular kristins).

The bag is extremely high quality for an mff bag in my opinion.

Nice!
But I have to disagree about the leather. While the mff leather is really nice, soft & buttery, it's not the same exact leather as the fp Kristins. The fp Kristins had a little shine or shimmer to it & were a little stiffer, while the mff is a little flatter & softer. I'm not saying it's not good quality, bc it is. But it's different from the fp Kristin leather.

Nice!
But I have to disagree about the leather. While the mff leather is really nice, soft & buttery, it's not the same exact leather as the fp Kristins. The fp Kristins had a little shine or shimmer to it & were a little stiffer, while the mff is a little flatter & softer. I'm not saying it's not good quality, bc it is. But it's different from the fp Kristin leather.

I disagree. :smile: Kristins have been out since '09, and this leather is just like the leather on the first 3 or years of Kristins. I have Kristins from each year so I am comparing first hand. Not all Kristins had a shine and the basic Kristins were never heavy leather.

Sages, wovens are different of course.

Nice!

I agree. It's not the same.

Thank you ItBag for sharing your pictures!! I love the black too! Is the lining light pink?

I may have to get this one too! I can't wait until my white one get's here.

Thanks lexie09 :smile: The lining is a creamy beige satin. Think foundation makeup color lol :P

What's the lining of the black?

Ive had a few fp Kristin's and the leather differs from bag to bag, softness, sheen - I've not seen the mff ones yet. Hobo looks like the 2nd gen hobo with the first (or third ?) gen clasp (does it snap?) and the 3rd gen strap - so a mix of all the Kristin hobos. On the large, with the thinner strap, is it comfy when the bag is full?

What's the lining of the black?

Ive had a few fp Kristin's and the leather differs from bag to bag, softness, sheen - I've not seen the mff ones yet. Hobo looks like the 2nd gen hobo with the first (or third ?) gen clasp (does it snap?) and the 3rd gen strap - so a mix of all the Kristin hobos. On the large, with the thinner strap, is it comfy when the bag is full?

The lining is a beige satin. It is a cross between the 2nd gen large hobo and the third gen large hobo (right before they killed the large hobos for fp and only kept the small hobos) The clasp is the second gen clasp (does not snap). The leather is similar to first and second gen.

It really looks like the second or third gen hobos that were in the FP store. The large first gen hobos were more bucket shaped so its not like them. The strap is comfortable enough full, but nothing will beat that knotted strap on the first and second gen hobos for comfort.

The lining is a beige satin. It is a cross between the 2nd gen large hobo and the third gen large hobo (right before they killed the large hobos for fp and only kept the small hobos) The clasp is the second gen clasp (does not snap). The leather is similar to first and second gen.

It really looks like the second or third gen hobos that were in the FP store. The large first gen hobos were more bucket shaped so its not like them. The strap is comfortable enough full, but nothing will beat that knotted strap on the first and second gen hobos for comfort.

I didn't think they made large hobos in the 3rd gen, but I could have my generations mixed up.

The clasp looks smaller than (what I think is) the 2nd gen clasp.

Sorry about re asking the lining question, I thought you were answering for the rose not the black :P

I didn't think they made large hobos in the 3rd gen, but I could have my generations mixed up.

The clasp looks smaller than (what I think is) the 2nd gen clasp.

Sorry about re asking the lining question, I thought you were answering for the rose not the black :P

It depends on what you are calling third gen. The first run of Kristins was really a half gen lol. :biggrin::P

2010 and 2011 had the large hobos. I am not sure of the gens either because there were a few extra seasons in there in the early years.

The clasp is slightly smaller on the large bag than on the fp version, but it closes the same way.

Here is a link to the 2011 reference thread. The large hobo is closest to the 2011 regular large hobo in my opinion.

http://forum.purseblog.com/coach-reference-library/post-your-kristin-2011-pieces-here-667303.html

Last edited: