Leather Honey--on my Cabas! :)

EMMY

O.G.
Aug 2, 2006
I just wanted to post to help out my fellow TPFr's...I have a baby cabas and it has been looking 'dry' to me for some time..I always moisturize all my bags w/ Apple leather conditioner (except for my med. flap--never used anything on that). I have enough bags that I rotate a lot so none of them look used or worn..but it was bugging me. I was in the Balenciaga forum and learned about leather honey so I ordered some thinking I had some boots I wanted to use it on...so I did and loved what it did..so I held my breath and put it all over the baby cabas..It took a little time due to the nature of the design of the bag but it came out GREAT...the leather is 'PLUMP' and has a nice sheen to it..I think I'll put some more on it tonight before I store her away...

It is literally like smearing thick honey on something..I laid the bag on a towel and used my hands to spread it around...at first it looks like a hot mess but after a few minutes the stuff disappeared into the leather..I hung it up and checked it this morning...you can def see the improvement..the leather is plump and hydrated and looks sooooo good! The color didn't change much..it's a little blacker but it sure doesn't look dry anymore..very very pleased...I would not use this on all my bags..like red lamb etc..there would def be a darkening effect I think on lighter smoother leathers and I'm not sure I would have the guts to try it..I did put it on a lamb chanel wallet I have--black -- and it looks brand new ... no joke.. just amazing..

I just wanted to share..tonight I'm going to treat a couple of black Prada bags I have and I have a few more pairs of boots I want to do..come to think of it I have a few pairs of shoes I could put it on...I personally will stick with only black items...I would be upset if it darked my brown bags..I will stick to the Apple care for those...:biggrin:

No I was thinking I should have done that...I put a bit more on last night..plus I did all my black soft calf Prada bags, a few wallets and a ton of boots (phew!) I can't really explain it but the leather soaks it in and looks 'plump' and visibly hydrated and in great condition..it is great for good, thick leather. Over time the conditioners I was using just didn't seem to cut it..glad I found this stuff..everything looks brand new..the cabas looks FAB!

I just wanted to post to help out my fellow TPFr's...I have a baby cabas and it has been looking 'dry' to me for some time..I always moisturize all my bags w/ Apple leather conditioner (except for my med. flap--never used anything on that). I have enough bags that I rotate a lot so none of them look used or worn..but it was bugging me. I was in the Balenciaga forum and learned about leather honey so I ordered some thinking I had some boots I wanted to use it on...so I did and loved what it did..so I held my breath and put it all over the baby cabas..It took a little time due to the nature of the design of the bag but it came out GREAT...the leather is 'PLUMP' and has a nice sheen to it..I think I'll put some more on it tonight before I store her away...

It is literally like smearing thick honey on something..I laid the bag on a towel and used my hands to spread it around...at first it looks like a hot mess but after a few minutes the stuff disappeared into the leather..I hung it up and checked it this morning...you can def see the improvement..the leather is plump and hydrated and looks sooooo good! The color didn't change much..it's a little blacker but it sure doesn't look dry anymore..very very pleased...I would not use this on all my bags..like red lamb etc..there would def be a darkening effect I think on lighter smoother leathers and I'm not sure I would have the guts to try it..I did put it on a lamb chanel wallet I have--black -- and it looks brand new ... no joke.. just amazing..

I just wanted to share..tonight I'm going to treat a couple of black Prada bags I have and I have a few more pairs of boots I want to do..come to think of it I have a few pairs of shoes I could put it on...I personally will stick with only black items...I would be upset if it darked my brown bags..I will stick to the Apple care for those...:biggrin:

What exactly is this called and where did you buy it?

It's called Leather Honey and I bought it on Amazon..I just finished putting all my stuff away that I did last night..I wiped everything down w/ a T-shirt (lint free) and then went over everything with one of those Kiwi buffer things that has the shine protector in it....everything looks amazing..the leather feels plump and moist..very pleased with the cabas..I admittedly was nervous doing it but the leather is so thick and chewy conditioners didn't seem to get through..this stuff is the bomb...I have boots that I bought ten years ago and still wear and they still look like new b/c I clean them off everytime I wear them and then they go back in the box...but over time the leather dries out..the Leather Honey really does a great job hydrating..again I wouldn't use it on my MJ tomato red blake--I would be worried about what it would do with the color...for black stuff it is fine but not sure what it would do to light colored leathers or colored calf..

Seriously the cabas looks better than when I got it.. :smile:

It's called Leather Honey and I bought it on Amazon..I just finished putting all my stuff away that I did last night..I wiped everything down w/ a T-shirt (lint free) and then went over everything with one of those Kiwi buffer things that has the shine protector in it....everything looks amazing..the leather feels plump and moist..very pleased with the cabas..I admittedly was nervous doing it but the leather is so thick and chewy conditioners didn't seem to get through..this stuff is the bomb...I have boots that I bought ten years ago and still wear and they still look like new b/c I clean them off everytime I wear them and then they go back in the box...but over time the leather dries out..the Leather Honey really does a great job hydrating..again I wouldn't use it on my MJ tomato red blake--I would be worried about what it would do with the color...for black stuff it is fine but not sure what it would do to light colored leathers or colored calf..

Seriously the cabas looks better than when I got it.. :smile:

Thank you! Sounds great!