SOG Dupes

Hi

Does anyone happen to have pictures of swatches of CND Masquerade and OPI Gelcolor Bastille my heart so I could see them side by side in order to determine whether I should buy both.

Also, I am currently lemming OPI Gelgolor Suzi and The 7 dussledorfs, do any of you lovely wonderfully helpful ladies have a swatch of this, possibly side by side with IBD Indian Sari?

Many thanks in advance ......

I was at my local Sallys this weekend and decided to check out the OPI lacquers. The colours in my post above are similar so I'm not going to get Bastille My Heart or Suzi and the 7 dussledorfs. I also marked a few more off my list with that 10 minute exercise. I have almost 60 gel polishes now so trying to avoid dupes plus I'm running out of space in my Roo Beauty Monsoon case already (I've only had it a month or two) !

I think I want Detusch You Want Baby though - does anyone have a swatch? :biggrin:

I was at my local Sallys this weekend and decided to check out the OPI lacquers. The colours in my post above are similar so I'm not going to get Bastille My Heart or Suzi and the 7 dussledorfs. I also marked a few more off my list with that 10 minute exercise. I have almost 60 gel polishes now so trying to avoid dupes plus I'm running out of space in my Roo Beauty Monsoon case already (I've only had it a month or two) !

I think I want Detusch You Want Baby though - does anyone have a swatch? :biggrin:

Your swatch of Tomorrow Never Dies is gorgeous! That's so awesome your Sally's has OPI!

Your Sally's has opi polishes? Mine don't here. It's nice to be ably to see their colors in person at Least in the RNP! I don't have Deutch you want me though. That was one if the only ones I didn't get from that set.

Your Sally's has opi polishes? Mine don't here. It's nice to be ably to see their colors in person at Least in the RNP! I don't have Deutch you want me though. That was one if the only ones I didn't get from that set.

I live in the UK and to be honest our selection at Sallys is pretty dire - although having a small selection of OPI polishes really did help me out so it's not all bad. They even had some of the Holland collection for £3.60! I had to stop myself buying a bottle or two cos I just wouldn't wear them, I have a lot of sogs to get through.

Was Deutsch horrible, is that why you didn't get it...? Do you know if the gelcolor version is metallic like the polish or shimmer?

Your swatch of Tomorrow Never Dies is gorgeous! That's so awesome your Sally's has OPI!

Thanks so much! It's a beautiful colour - one minute it looks purple then the next its blue and in the sunlight the sparkling shimmer is gorgeous. I really like it a lot!

Yes, my small UK Sallys has OPI lacquers so I'll be taking my swatches with me next time (and picking up the Mariah Carey Liquid Sand in Stay The Night!!! ). They also have Gelish polishes but the Gelish bottles are not on display (!) and Red Carpet Manicure polishes etc. I'll be back in there on Saturday :biggrin:

Desperate for an LED curable dupe of Shellac strawberry smoothie...

gosh it's darling.

Is it a sheer pink with silver pearl? a sheer pink with a subtle white pearl? pink pearl? Dunno, but i'm in love with it. (i have an LED light, so alas, no shellac for me).

Pink Smoothie is not close enough. It seems to be more pink opacity and less slight irridescent pearl. (i'm not super great at describing things, hope this makes sense). (looks like the pics have 1 coat, 3 coats, and 2 coats to me, in that order).

If there is no dupe, perhaps i should just layer a pearl over my already owned Sensationail pink chiffon. I notice the gels have fewer pearl options than shellac, and perhaps this is why after looking through so many swatches i haven't noticed a look alike for Strawberry Smoothie. Dunno. I wouldn't even know what color pearl to put over a pink, having trouble even deciphering what type of pearl/frost SS has. i would just put a coat of the beautiful Shellac negligee, but same problem, *sigh*)

I guess it kinda reminds me of Essie East Hampton Cottage, without all the horrible streakiness. (a dupe of that would be great as well).

I know this was asked months ago....

Strawberry Smoothie (left 1 coat) and So In Love (right 2 coats) are very different shades of pink.8

Attachments

• 20130217_143647 sil ss.jpg
    20130217_143647 sil ss.jpg
    225.8 KB · Views: 676
I live in the UK and to be honest our selection at Sallys is pretty dire - although having a small selection of OPI polishes really did help me out so it's not all bad. They even had some of the Holland collection for £3.60! I had to stop myself buying a bottle or two cos I just wouldn't wear them, I have a lot of sogs to get through.

Was Deutsch horrible, is that why you didn't get it...? Do you know if the gelcolor version is metallic like the polish or shimmer?

No I just didn't get it because it was too orangey for me. I don't like type of color that much. I think the gel is more shimmer than metallic, but since I've not seen it in person I can't swear to that.

Hi everyone!

I think I'm the only person ever who wants a dupe for Shellac Romantique. I used it once and it's the perfect milky pink (IMO!) because my sister had the whole CND set up- I've since purchased my own RCM lamp and kit and am still looking for the perfect RCM/Gelish dupe : ) I thought Gelish Pink Smoothie might be a winner but my bottle was super streaky and built up to be very opaque (it also took like 4 coats to become even) Any help is greatly appreciated!!

Hi everyone!

I think I'm the only person ever who wants a dupe for Shellac Romantique. I used it once and it's the perfect milky pink (IMO!) because my sister had the whole CND set up- I've since purchased my own RCM lamp and kit and am still looking for the perfect RCM/Gelish dupe : ) I thought Gelish Pink Smoothie might be a winner but my bottle was super streaky and built up to be very opaque (it also took like 4 coats to become even) Any help is greatly appreciated!!

Try IBD Just Gel in Cashmere Blush (more peachy), Seashell Pink, or Sea Pearl, an iridescent sheer, milky pink. They are my go to colors for a clean, finished, professional looking nail.

Hi everyone!

You might take a look at ACG Sensual, although it might lean too much too purple. In the new ACG collection, there is a color called Sincere which might work for you as well. https://www.louellabelle.co.uk/nails/products/spring-2013-colour-gloss-collection-109/0/1/. Also take a look at Precious and La-Ti-Da. If you can, see them in person or swatches because I find ACG online doesn't really give a good sense of the color - they always seem more muted IRL.

No I just didn't get it because it was too orangey for me. I don't like type of color that much. I think the gel is more shimmer than metallic, but since I've not seen it in person I can't swear to that.

I took the plunge and got it...... and.....

I LOVE IT!!!

It is a tiny bit darker/deeper hued IRL.

Attachments

• 20130224 deutsch you want me baby 2.jpg
    20130224 deutsch you want me baby 2.jpg
    258.2 KB · Views: 707