costco diamond studs.

sirensrise

Jun 27, 2010
Hi, I bought a pair of diamond studs at costo for $4500, but when i looked at bluenile later, the same quality pair(VS2, excellent cut, f color) was only around 3k, is that really possible?

Costco has great return policies, if you're not so sure about the bluenile ones, one possible way is to order from bluenile, receive the package, compare them IRP, and then return the ones you don't want to keep. But make sure you know their return policies:smile:

Hi, I bought a pair of diamond studs at costo for $4500, but when i looked at bluenile later, the same quality pair(VS2, excellent cut, f color) was only around 3k, is that really possible?

What is the cut quality? Did the studs you just purchased come with reports for EACH STONE from a reputable lab? By reputable I mean GIA or AGS, not IGI. Ideal cut based on numbers and not just a lab grade are going to make a major difference. Just because a stone is an F VS2 doesn't mean it's going to sparkle. And who decided it was "Excellent Cut"? If the salesperson said so, it's probably BS. If IGI said so, again BS. If GIA did, and your stones are inscribed to match the report it came with and an appraiser can confirm that you got stones that match those reports, then maybe they are, but numbers will tell you more than just a lab grade on Cut.

What is the cut quality? Did the studs you just purchased come with reports for EACH STONE from a reputable lab? By reputable I mean GIA or AGS, not IGI. Ideal cut based on numbers and not just a lab grade are going to make a major difference. Just because a stone is an F VS2 doesn't mean it's going to sparkle. And who decided it was "Excellent Cut"? If the salesperson said so, it's probably BS. If IGI said so, again BS. If GIA did, and your stones are inscribed to match the report it came with and an appraiser can confirm that you got stones that match those reports, then maybe they are, but numbers will tell you more than just a lab grade on Cut.
it is GIA. what do you think?

I need to see the report to know what they really are but you would have to search for identical specs down to angles to know for sure if you overpaid. And if you paid for gold vs plat.

I need to see the report to know what they really are but you would have to search for identical specs down to angles to know for sure if you overpaid. And if you paid for gold vs plat.
IGI Value: $9,710
GIA: #2131903487 / #2131904286
Metal: 950 Platinum
Diamond Shape: Round Brilliant
Total Diamond Weight: 1.03ctw
Diamond Color: Colorless ( F )
Diamond Clarity: Very Slightly Included ( VS1 / VS2 )
GIA Cut Grade: Excellent

I'll pull those reports when I get to work tomorrow unless you wanna post pics of the angles.

But I can say right now that "IGI value" is absolutely bs so ignore it.

I'll pull those reports when I get to work tomorrow unless you wanna post pics of the angles.

But I can say right now that "IGI value" is absolutely bs so ignore it.

thank you so much! i dont have a pic to post, the same stats on bluenile is about 3800. do you think maybe i should go with that?

Stats are not equal unless every angle is identical. I need exact carat weight for each stone from each report in order to pull them

But if you want to check for identical stones, do it and see what their price is for the same style setting in the same metal. I do think this pair is a little higher priced than Blue Nile would give you. You paid, for all intents and purposes, a convenience fee. You were able to walk in, buy them, walk out, vs wait for Blue Nile to set and ship them.

Stats are not equal unless every angle is identical. I need exact carat weight for each stone from each report in order to pull them

But if you want to check for identical stones, do it and see what their price is for the same style setting in the same metal. I do think this pair is a little higher priced than Blue Nile would give you. You paid, for all intents and purposes, a convenience fee. You were able to walk in, buy them, walk out, vs wait for Blue Nile to set and ship them.

thanks again. I bought it online so that is all the report I have. from what you said, I am thinking that I will return this and get a pair for bluenile.