Chanel Haute Couture Show in Beverly Hills

stylemechanel

Dec 29, 2012
I have no idea how I was so fortunate as to be invited to the Chanel Haute Couture Show 2013 in Beverly Hills, but I was!:yahoo::yahoo:

It was a fabulous day of lunching with a friend at my favorite restaurant Crustacean, champagne before the fashion show and beautiful models showing Karl's spring/summer 2013 haute couture fashions. We ended the evening with dinner at the Beverly Wilshire.

It was an exhausting day but I wanted to share with other woman who would appreciate it as much as me. I've included a photo of the invite, two of the dresses (courtesy of Karl's photography) and the gift (a book show casing all the fabulous garments, and a bottle of perfume) which really wasn't necessary at all, because the day was the gift. I took some photos and will need a few days to sort them out and show the amazing details of the buttons, the fabric, the lace. There was one pink suit that had the most amazing buttons. They were trimmed in pale brushed gold and had the palest pink roses that looked like the most delicate of minature flowers. The roses were sculptural and three dimensional. The details on the dresses was amazing.

The highlight of the day was that we definitely found my friend her wedding dress! Photos of that will definitely be coming. She is going to be stunning in it. Just stunning.

Attachments

• Chanel Haute Couture 2013.jpg
    Chanel Haute Couture 2013.jpg
    698.2 KB · Views: 1,292
  • Chanel Haute Couture 2013a.jpg
    Chanel Haute Couture 2013a.jpg
    684.6 KB · Views: 1,315
  • Chanel Haute Couture 2013c.jpg
    Chanel Haute Couture 2013c.jpg
    708.5 KB · Views: 1,215
  • Chanel Haute Couture 2013d.jpg
    Chanel Haute Couture 2013d.jpg
    687.8 KB · Views: 1,207
  • Chanel Haute Couture 2013b.jpg
    Chanel Haute Couture 2013b.jpg
    702.9 KB · Views: 1,347
You are sooo lucky! I can't wait for your photos. Was this held at a hotel?

Thank you ladies for letting me share.

The event was held at the boutique in Beverly Hills. They have a private salon on an upper level. It was an incredibly small group of women, maybe 15 in total. We were treated to a small preview of a some of the dress as we were led onto the salon. Where again we were offered more champagne and beautiful little sweets.

To be able to touch these garments and see the workmanship up close is amazing. Each sequin was placed and then sewn by hand. There was one grey dress that look almost as ethereal as my friends wedding dress -well, not even close to what she picked, but equally beautiful in its own right. It was made of lace, tulle, the danitiest of pearls, and then tiny sequins here and there, just enough to so that when you looked at the dress in detail you saw something new and unexpected.

The staff from New York and Paris did a perfectly fabulous job of making us feel welcome. They were gracious , warm, and so fun to meet and spend time with. I do have to completely thank my SA for invitation. It was a perfect day.

mp4 said:
How wonderful!!!! Made even more special with the purchase of a wedding gown!

Was it only RTW?

Thank you ! There was no ready to wear, it was all haute couture, which means you choose from the fabulous outfits they have. You can change the fabrics or colors based on what choices are available. They measure you there at the boutique. When the outfit is ready for it's final fitting I heard you go to Paris'! Is that not a dream come true!!!! My heart be still!!!