Quality of Classic Chanel Flap vs. Miss Dior

swezfamily

O.G.
Dec 18, 2008
I apologize if this question has been asked before. I found some similar threads, but the conversation always vears off of quality and into which one is cuter or a better investment. I never resell my bags since I will save them for a future daughter-in-law or grandaughter, so I don't care about resale value. I just want to know that it isn't going to fall apart after a couple of months, or a couple of years of use.

I am debating between these two bags, and would probably get the Chanel if not for what I've heard about the declining quality and issues with customer service when it comes to repairs. I would love to hear from anyone that has experience with both bags, or brands, excluding older Chanel which I've heard was of much higher quality. Any feedback, good or bad, will be much appreciated.

TIA!

Well I don't have a Dior bag but I own a Chanel Reissue, a Dior wallet and a Lady Dior "pochette". To me Dior's quality is higher than Chanel and their customer service is also very good. I've had my Reissue since 2009 and it's still in good condition but the stitching between the two flaps is coming off and even though I was told in a Chanel store that they would fix this issue for me for free I still think it's quite disappointing. On the other hand, I've had my Dior wallet for 5 years, I've used it pretty much every single day and it still looks brand new. I haven't had any problem with the pochette either!

Reactions: celine666666
Well I don't have a Dior bag but I own a Chanel Reissue, a Dior wallet and a Lady Dior "pochette". To me Dior's quality is higher than Chanel and their customer service is also very good. I've had my Reissue since 2009 and it's still in good condition but the stitching between the two flaps is coming off and even though I was told in a Chanel store that they would fix this issue for me for free I still think it's quite disappointing. On the other hand, I've had my Dior wallet for 5 years, I've used it pretty much every single day and it still looks brand new. I haven't had any problem with the pochette either!

Thank you for your input. We're actually traveling to Paris in June and I thought it would be really fun to buy either the Dior or the Chanel while there, so I need to make a decision!

Sorry to hear about your stitching issue. I hope you can have it fixed. I have been going back and forth on the Chanel bag for years and one day, I actually decided to ignore what I was hearing and go buy the one that I had been wanting. I was handed the only one my local boutique had in stock and I immediately noticed that the quilted stitching was coming out in one area. I pointed it out to the SA, and of course decided not to buy that one, but she put it right back on the shelf to sell to someone else who may not notice the loose stitching. I ended up buying a quilted Lanvin Happy to fill the void, but I keep thinking about the Chanel.

I have a Dior New Lock and haven't had any issues with it, but I haven't had it long and I rarely use it, so I feel like I can't really attest to the quality yet. Glad to hear your Dior goodies haven't had any quality issues.

Thank you for your input. We're actually traveling to Paris in June and I thought it would be really fun to buy either the Dior or the Chanel while there, so I need to make a decision!

Sorry to hear about your stitching issue. I hope you can have it fixed. I have been going back and forth on the Chanel bag for years and one day, I actually decided to ignore what I was hearing and go buy the one that I had been wanting. I was handed the only one my local boutique had in stock and I immediately noticed that the quilted stitching was coming out in one area. I pointed it out to the SA, and of course decided not to buy that one, but she put it right back on the shelf to sell to someone else who may not notice the loose stitching. I ended up buying a quilted Lanvin Happy to fill the void, but I keep thinking about the Chanel.

I have a Dior New Lock and haven't had any issues with it, but I haven't had it long and I rarely use it, so I feel like I can't really attest to the quality yet. Glad to hear your Dior goodies haven't had any quality issues.

Apparently the stitching issue is quite common with Chanel bags recently, especially the double flaps. When I asked in store the SA told me it was really easy to fix and they're actually used to customers asking about it which is not a good thing in my opinion! But at least I know they can easily fix it and apparently it's free and takes no more than 2 days!:smile:

The Lanvin Happy is a gorgeous bag! Good choice!
I still love my Chanel but I bought it before the crazy price increases and I honestly don't think the current price is justified...

The New Lock is beautiful too, I'm sure you won't have any issues with the quality but if you do Dior has an amazing customer service I've heard.

Whichever one you decide to get will be a great choice especially if you get it in Paris:smile: