Feb 2013 3 day sale

TropicalGal

Jan 15, 2007
Hi Ladies -- where did everyone disappear to?
I bought a "vintage" BE during the Feb. 2013 sale. I wasn't going to get anything...but kept staring at the Take Me Away Mini (overnighter) (as opposed to Weekender which has disappeared). It is tan with gold hardware.

A few years ago I bought the larger Take Me Away Weekender in brown and it has aged beautifully in my travels, all beaten up, broken in chic. I love it and will use it forever. What always amazed me about that bag is how light it is. Lighter than any BE handbag. I decided I wanted a classic, everyday tote, so I got the Take Me Away Mini, which has been in on the website for eons. It is a vintage model, almost looks retro, but is timeless cool, never go out of style. I will use it as a carry on when flying with a clutch inside. I'm deeply into clutches these days. I will also use it as a bag around town, to put everything -- my regular stuff, a clutch and my knitting, kindle, etc.

Anyone else buy anything? ;)

Hi TropicalGal, I rarely post here - usually only when I'm wearing one of my BE's. Yes. It's been really quiet in here.

I kept looking at a couple (Rock Me & Love Me) but they were either too big or in a color I already have, so I passed on this one. I really want a Rock me, but any time there is a sale the same thing happens. Oh well. I'm in no hurry. ;)

Since I received 2 bags from the last round of BEC's, I couldn't rationalize anything this time around. I did look a couple times at the blue, London Tote midi, but it doesn't have silver hw. Try as I might, I just cannot do anything but BE's silver. Silly, I know.

I looked long and hard at the Stockholm Tote in red but I had recently purchased an London Tote midi in yellow saffiano leather from Bonanza. I felt I just could not spend any more money as I am not working at the moment. Busy looking for a job but left my previous company after having worked there for 29 years. They offered a great package to people who qualified to leave and I decided it was time to move on and find something else. Had I been working I would definitely have bought the red Stockholm tote. The yellow LTM arrived yesterday and it is such a fun bag a nice spring color. So I will have to wait till next time when I am hopefully working and can buy a bag!!!

I looked long and hard at the Stockholm Tote in red but I had recently purchased an London Tote midi in yellow saffiano leather from Bonanza. I felt I just could not spend any more money as I am not working at the moment. Busy looking for a job but left my previous company after having worked there for 29 years. They offered a great package to people who qualified to leave and I decided it was time to move on and find something else. Had I been working I would definitely have bought the red Stockholm tote. The yellow LTM arrived yesterday and it is such a fun bag a nice spring color. So I will have to wait till next time when I am hopefully working and can buy a bag!!!

I totally understand DJFMN! The economy is very tight and tricky right now. I too LOVE the red Stockholm tote. Maybe it will still be there for the next sale and you'll be able to get it. I was laid off after 18 years with my previous job, so I know whereof you speak. I took a course to get certified as a ESL teacher, and have embarked on a new career. I shouldn't have bought the TMA mini...but...at $399 it seemed a bargain, given what bags go for these days. I also loved the classic vintage look of it that will never go out of style. Good luck to you! All will turn out well, I just know it. The LTM IN YELLOW sounds divine. Enjoy! :smile:

Tropicalgal I know the layoff story the company I was at was laying off people every couple of months. That is the reason when they offered the package I decided to take it I knew if I did not take it there would be a possibility of being laid off in the future. I really wanted to make the decision instead of having it made for me. My manager asked me not to leave told me that I was safe and I said no one is safe in a company that is planning to layoff 30,000 people. I also know that in the field I work in and the State I live in there is less than 2% unemployment. If I want to find a job there are plenty of jobs out there it is just a matter of finding the right one. I am right in the middle of trying to find the right one and I am having a lot of fun interviewing and seeing what is out there. I thought it would be a scary experience having to do this but it has not been like that at all.

I think the TMA mini at $399 was a bargain and as I said had I not recently purchased the yellow LTM I would have bought the red Stockholm tote. I thought long and hard about it and periodically checked the BE site and it was still available and I drooled a little more. I went back to the site for one last look and voila it was gone I breathed a sigh of relief as it was no longer tempting me thank goodness especially for the pocket book. I will enjoy the yellow LTM instead!!!

Last edited:
I wanted the Stockholm Tote in red, too! But - I am on a tighter budget now too, and since I wasn't in dire need of a tote-sized bag, I held off. I wonder who the lucky gal was who bought it?

And - Tropicalgal, you won't regret the TMA mini. I have two of the travel sets and used to own the TMA mini in tan as well. I ended up selling her because she didn't get used due to the fact that I had the other two matching sets. It was a gorgeous bag!

Hi Circoit, thanks for the good news about the Take Me Away Mini. It should be arriving today, on Valentine's Day. From me to me. I want to use it as an everyday bag, very retro looking, and also, as my handbag when I travel. I hope it is as light as my Take Me Away weekender, because that bag is a marvel of lightness. I don't think I "need" another handbag ever again. As I've gotten older and am not in a daily career routine where I need to go to work in the a.m. with everything...I'm going towards smaller bags and even clutches. But there are times when the knitting and the Kindle and the water bottle...
Now when I travel, I will slip a clutch into the TMA Mini, so that I have a day bag and a night bag. I simply hate dragging a big bag to dinner when on holiday.

Anyone else get anything? It sure is quiet around here...:cool:

:smile: It arrived. A perfect muffin! Sooo light. Soooo cool. My new flying companion. Tres happy. Muy happy. Looks just like it looks on the website.

Guess I'm talking to myself here! ha ha.