Florentine satchel in Taupe

3DoxieMama

Jan 3, 2012
Here is my "as-is" Flo taupe satchel. I missed UPS by about an hour yesterday. I can take more shots if anyone wants to see when I get home. I'm not sure if this one is a keeper. I love the color, but the leather is super smooth and shows every scratch and gauge. I don't mind scratches on my other Flo bags, but this one seems like it will look more beat up than broken in after a while. I'll have to think about it a bit.

I also posted this in the Florentine satchel thread.

Attachments

• WP_000227.jpg
    WP_000227.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 602
Here is my "as-is" Flo taupe satchel. I missed UPS by about an hour yesterday. I can take more shots if anyone wants to see when I get home. I'm not sure if this one is a keeper. I love the color, but the leather is super smooth and shows every scratch and gauge. I don't mind scratches on my other Flo bags, but this one seems like it will look more beat up than broken in after a while. I'll have to think about it a bit.

I also posted this in the Florentine satchel thread.

If it was a great deal it may be worth it. It depends on whether the scratches will bother you a great deal, or not. I have to say, running through Belk yesterday, the Flo satchels there looked awful. Unevenly pebbled and wrinkled on the sides...no good. At least your taupe leather is smooth and even.

If it was a great deal it may be worth it. It depends on whether the scratches will bother you a great deal, or not. I have to say, running through Belk yesterday, the Flo satchels there looked awful. Unevenly pebbled and wrinkled on the sides...no good. At least your taupe leather is smooth and even.

Good point! It's funny b/c I prefer the more pebbly look of the Florentine on some colors and prefer the smooth on others. I think if this one was more pebbled, I'd be cool w/ that. With tax and shipping, it came to $247. $150 off retail is pretty good. :graucho:

A natural light shot. It's pretty gloomy today (it's snowing). If I can get one in the sunlight later in the week, I will post it.

Attachments

• image-4281345049.jpg
    image-4281345049.jpg
    521.8 KB · Views: 593
That's is gorgeous Doxie!!!! I had the domed satchel in taupe and loved the color instantly, but had issues with how easily the florentine showed the scratches. I reluctantly sent it back but now regretting it.

That's is gorgeous Doxie!!!! I had the domed satchel in taupe and loved the color instantly, but had issues with how easily the florentine showed the scratches. I reluctantly sent it back but now regretting it.

Aww, I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully, you can get another one at a good price. I've decided that the scratches add character to my bags. Trying not to sweat it. :smile: