Is there any hope for my python Rolandos?

ayobeckah

Nov 12, 2012
Back in august (way before i knew about tpf), I had purchased a pair of fifi's and got bitten by the CL bug that made me want to expand my collection as soon as I could. I went half a size down on those and they fit very comfortably, so on eBay when i saw these python rolando's half a size down I jumped right to it without a second thought and then they were mine. BIG MISTAKE - Even after getting them stretched at a cobbler I tried to slip my right foot into the shoe and my second to last toe can't stay in for more than 10 seconds without a sharp pain searing throughout my damn foot. Should I try my best to make due with them, or should i cut my losses and look for another exotic? Thanks for your time !

Back in august (way before i knew about tpf), I had purchased a pair of fifi's and got bitten by the CL bug that made me want to expand my collection as soon as I could. I went half a size down on those and they fit very comfortably, so on eBay when i saw these python rolando's half a size down I jumped right to it without a second thought and then they were mine. BIG MISTAKE - Even after getting them stretched at a cobbler I tried to slip my right foot into the shoe and my second to last toe can't stay in for more than 10 seconds without a sharp pain searing throughout my damn foot. Should I try my best to make due with them, or should i cut my losses and look for another exotic? Thanks for your time !

Rolando toe box is tough for a lot of ladies , and I also think these are generally 1/2 to 1 full size up. Especially with old sizing Rolandos. I honestly don't think you can make 1/2 size down work in this style, maybe they just are too small lenghtwise?

Rolando toe box is tough for a lot of ladies , and I also think these are generally 1/2 to 1 full size up. Especially with old sizing Rolandos. I honestly don't think you can make 1/2 size down work in this style, maybe they just are too small lenghtwise?

no the length is perfect my left foot fits comfortably, but the right foot is a pain in the butt

From what I've gathered on TPF, leather stretches better than snakeskin. Since you've gotten them stretched by a Cobbler, I don't know how good "at home" stretching will do. Heating them gently with a hair dryer as you stretch them with your feet may help, but there may not be more to do about it. What size did you get? New rolandos you size down, older ones you usually size up.

Agreed. She is a beauty, but the Rolando is also a b*#ch. Very few of us have been able to tame her and her crunching toebox. I wish you luck in your effort, but she's a tough one--not all relationships are meant to last. You may find that you'll need to let her go...:shucks:

While python is amenable to stretching, it really sounds like you'd be doing serious damage to your feet if you kept and tried to wear these. I would sell and try to find at least half a size up.

abs678 said:
From what I've gathered on TPF, leather stretches better than snakeskin. Since you've gotten them stretched by a Cobbler, I don't know how good "at home" stretching will do. Heating them gently with a hair dryer as you stretch them with your feet may help, but there may not be more to do about it. What size did you get? New rolandos you size down, older ones you usually size up.

I got a 5.5 my feet itself are like 21 cm so it's tricky

pinkpanther84 said:
You ladies are lucky if you can go up a size. I'm a 42 and Rolando don't work for me at all :sad:

What's the highest size that louboutins go up to? It's not that special of a shoe, I bet you have more beautiful shoes than a silly rolando

ITA with everyone! Rolandos are so pretty - but SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO painful. I bought bring pink Rolandos a few years back, a full size up, and I still have pain. But I love them, so I wear them indoors and endure the pain when wearing them out.

katran26 said:
ITA with everyone! Rolandos are so pretty - but SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO painful. I bought bring pink Rolandos a few years back, a full size up, and I still have pain. But I love them, so I wear them indoors and endure the pain when wearing them out.

So if I were to buy a new pair size 36, you think it'll still be too small? Should I cut my losses and search for another style? My rolandos are packed and ready to be shipped out to a new home tomorrow morning ):

So if I were to buy a new pair size 36, you think it'll still be too small? Should I cut my losses and search for another style? My rolandos are packed and ready to be shipped out to a new home tomorrow morning ):
If your heart is set on Rolandos, and there isn't a store for you to try them on, you can always order them and send them back if they don't fit. Or buy two pair at once and return your least favorite.
If you are sizing 1/2 size up, I think this is your best shot.