Meltonian or Apple Leather Care?

Cucci

Nov 27, 2012
What do you use to protect your Chanel leather?

Meltonian All Purpose Cleaner and Conditioner or Apple Leather Care, both are used on TPF but what do you prefer and more important when do you use it?

1. On a new bag, before taking it out
2. When it gets dirty, what kind of stains and how do you clean.

I have a M/L Black Lambskin and a Jumbo Beige Caviar and would like to know if they require different treatment. Please share your inside info!:queen:

Attachments

• TPF.jpeg
    TPF.jpeg
    3.5 KB · Views: 3,048
  • TPF1.jpeg
    TPF1.jpeg
    3.1 KB · Views: 3,051
What do you use to protect your Chanel leather?

Meltonian All Purpose Cleaner and Conditioner or Apple Leather Care, both are used on TPF but what do you prefer and more important when do you use it?

1. On a new bag, before taking it out
2. When it gets dirty, what kind of stains and how do you clean.

I have a M/L Black Lambskin and a Jumbo Beige Caviar and would like to know if they require different treatment. Please share your inside info!:queen:

I've used Meltonian (not the product pictured) on some of my Chanel lambskin bags (the delicate on my black & beige, white on a vintage white mini) as a cleaner to condition. I don't really do anything to "protect" my bags, and don't use anything on new bags. I put a small amount on a clean white cloth and apply, then buff it. I have also use other products on a reptile Chanel, again as cleaner/conditioner, not as preventive. I've not used anything on my Caviar.

I accidently got a pen mark of the inside flap of my black caviar flap and used meltonian lotion to clean it. It came out beautifully and looks good as new. I have never pretreated any of my bags and they all look and feel great.

I've used Meltonian (not the product pictured) on some of my Chanel lambskin bags (the delicate on my black & beige, white on a vintage white mini) as a cleaner to condition. I don't really do anything to "protect" my bags, and don't use anything on new bags. I put a small amount on a clean white cloth and apply, then buff it. I have also use other products on a reptile Chanel, again as cleaner/conditioner, not as preventive. I've not used anything on my Caviar.

Thank you for sharing! So there are different types of Meltonian as I understand, would you mind sharing yours?

I thought of protecting the beige jumbo because of the feared color transfer but I haven't treated my black lambskin ever. I have maybe one or two tiny light scratches but you can hardly see them. In which cases do you condition your bags, or what kind of 'damage' have you come across?

I accidently got a pen mark of the inside flap of my black caviar flap and used meltonian lotion to clean it. It came out beautifully and looks good as new. I have never pretreated any of my bags and they all look and feel great.

Since I haven't purchased any product yet I did manage to get rid of a tiny spot with an eraser but I guess that will not work every time.. Do you use the meltonian cream that I posted or a different kind as well? Thanks!

Since I haven't purchased any product yet I did manage to get rid of a tiny spot with an eraser but I guess that will not work every time.. Do you use the meltonian cream that I posted or a different kind as well? Thanks!

It looks like the same one that I used. Glad u were able to get the spot out!

Thank you for sharing! So there are different types of Meltonian as I understand, would you mind sharing yours?

I thought of protecting the beige jumbo because of the feared color transfer but I haven't treated my black lambskin ever. I have maybe one or two tiny light scratches but you can hardly see them. In which cases do you condition your bags, or what kind of 'damage' have you come across?

For my lambskin bags (and coin purse), I have used the meltonian cream that comes in a jar, in the delicate (you can get delicate, neutral, and many colors). I have also used it on other brands and it makes them look great. I just used it for the minor scratches; my bags don't have any deep scratches or marks.

I used the white on a vintage mini flap to restore the color which had faded a bit to more ivory tone. I have a white caviar mini that has no fading at all, so I guess it really depends on the finish and how you store them. I read all that all white patent eventually yellows.

For my lambskin bags (and coin purse), I have used the meltonian cream that comes in a jar, in the delicate (you can get delicate, neutral, and many colors). I have also used it on other brands and it makes them look great. I just used it for the minor scratches; my bags don't have any deep scratches or marks.

I used the white on a vintage mini flap to restore the color which had faded a bit to more ivory tone. I have a white caviar mini that has no fading at all, so I guess it really depends on the finish and how you store them. I read all that all white patent eventually yellows.

I agree with Tutushopper. I also use meltonian cream. The Chanel store repair person used it on my bubble flap, so I have been using it since then. It works great on shining and smoothing lamb skin.

which color of meltonian cream should i buy for my 13c red lambskin? red?

Delicate; it has no color and it's more "delicate" than neutral, to my mind. The colored ones will actually add color (which is why I got the white for my bag which had started to go ivory on me), and trying to match the same red color would be a nightmare. So i would only use the delicate. They say the neutral also has no color; I just want to use the mildest product on my precious lamb. I bought all 3 (delicate, neutral, and white) when I ordered, but when I run out, I will just get the delicate. Oh, and the small little jars last a super long time, because you only use a tiny bit.

Delicate; it has no color and it's more "delicate" than neutral, to my mind. The colored ones will actually add color (which is why I got the white for my bag which had started to go ivory on me), and trying to match the same red color would be a nightmare. So i would only use the delicate. They say the neutral also has no color; I just want to use the mildest product on my precious lamb. I bought all 3 (delicate, neutral, and white) when I ordered, but when I run out, I will just get the delicate. Oh, and the small little jars last a super long time, because you only use a tiny bit.

thank you very much for your help:smile: im going to buy it now while i wait for my bag to get here :roflmfao:

thank you very much for your help:smile: im going to buy it now while i wait for my bag to get here :roflmfao:

I got mine online from a really nice seller on ebay who sells horse tack and related products. :smile: She had great prices, combined shipping, and sent them super fast.

I will add that I have never pre-treated a bag with meltonian. I have only used it to condition or clean my bags. Also, you can't use it on reptiles (I have other products for those).

I got mine online from a really nice seller on ebay who sells horse tack and related products. :smile: She had great prices, combined shipping, and sent them super fast.

I will add that I have never pre-treated a bag with meltonian. I have only used it to condition or clean my bags. Also, you can't use it on reptiles (I have other products for those).

thank you for letting me know. i just buy it in case my bag get dirty. im too scare to pretreat my bag because i once have a very bad experience w it. well not w pretreat bag but i pretreated my ugg boot and the color look darker which gives an illusion of a dirty boot, i really hate it, i never wear my boot again after that.

may i ask for the name or store of your seller? i'd like to buy from a reputable well known seller to be safe. thank you