The Constance

Hi ladies,

Always been a fan of Hermes and the Constance. Luckily enough with the help of the authenticators on Tpf, I manage to snag a vintage Constance 23 cm. My first Hermes!

But just have a question for all Tpfers with vintage Constance - do you find as times pass the inner lambskin leather on the flap where the hardware is starts to bubble up? New Constance the inner leather on the flap is smooth. I think with time it tends to 'sag' and bubble up? Just wondering if all vintage constance is so and is there anything I shld do to avoid it sagging further etc?

Thank you in advance for any tips you may provide!

( sorry can't provide pic as. Between countries so internet is not really up yet)

I've always loved this bag. I wish I'd bought it when I was just out of college - it was so affordable then. It'll still probably be the first one I buy, a refurbished one probably later this year.

Apparently Jackie Onassis had quite a few and was often photographed with one.
How much does the Constance retail for now?

i've loved the look of the Constance and the Bold look of the H with the leather so i bought a Constance long wallet.. now the problem is, i want a bag to pair with it but the regular Constance bag in my opinion, looks better than the Constance Elan (which can fit the wallet) which is elongated... i find the regular Constance cute and balanced in terms of dimension and detailing..

i've loved the look of the Constance and the Bold look of the H with the leather so i bought a Constance long wallet.. now the problem is, i want a bag to pair with it but the regular Constance bag in my opinion, looks better than the Constance Elan (which can fit the wallet) which is elongated... i find the regular Constance cute and balanced in terms of dimension and detailing..

I have a constance long wallet, and I wonder if it will even fit in a constance bag.

Any pic of this treasure;)? and what do YOU think? It's a great bag, that you do know, just take it out a few days in a row...I am sure you're going to feel it:smile:

I love it, but when I tried it on at Hermes, I too thought it wasn't too much in my style. My SM told me they will recive a red one next week and I will take a look at it. Maybe red will be more "me":smile:

costa said:
I love it, but when I tried it on at Hermes, I too thought it wasn't too much in my style. My SM told me they will recive a red one next week and I will take a look at it. Maybe red will be more "me":smile:

Where are you located? Maybe if you don't want the red I can go grab it? Hehe

Do you know why it wasn't "you"? I know that black box + ghw isn't me either. Something about the combination appears "older" to me. On the other hand, a bright color + phw, seems more "fun" to me and is my preference in the Constance. (jmo. I've seen some great mod pics of black box + ghw, but it's just not "me" :P)

Good luck on finding the right Constance (or another bag if the Constance is not for you)!

btw - my Constance is blue jean epsom w/phw - which you can see on my avatar pic :smile:

I got a Constance 24 black box Ghw, but my DH says it's not so much "me" in his opinion... So I am totally off now...