Dior Makeup - Yes or No?

pompilit

O.G.
Nov 6, 2006
I'm thinking of trying Dior makeup. I've used Clinique/Lancome for the longest time, but I keep hearing nothing but good things about Dior, so I figured I'd give it a try. I've got a few questions though:
  • Does Dior ever have a free gift with purchase? (similar to Lancome & Estee Lauder?)
  • Is Dior makeup really worth the price?
  • How good are the Dior Foundations? Which one is the best for a light/non-cakey finish?
  • Are their face creams really good?
  • Has anyone used their powder foundations/loose powder?

Also, just a general question: What do you love about Dior makeup? Which Dior products are a "must have"?

Thank you ladies! :yes:

I'm thinking of trying Dior makeup. I've used Clinique/Lancome for the longest time, but I keep hearing nothing but good things about Dior, so I figured I'd give it a try. I've got a few questions though:
  • Does Dior ever have a free gift with purchase? (similar to Lancome & Estee Lauder?)
  • Is Dior makeup really worth the price?
  • How good are the Dior Foundations? Which one is the best for a light/non-cakey finish?
  • Are their face creams really good?
  • Has anyone used their powder foundations/loose powder?
Also, just a general question: What do you love about Dior makeup? Which Dior products are a "must have"?

Thank you ladies! :yes:
1. Yes, they have free gift with purchase of any two items sometimes. Also, if you bulid good relationship with the SA, they can give u extra gifts.(my SA sometimes give me some full size samples:wlae: )

2. I like their color and like the result on me so I think it's worth the price.

3.I like their air flash foundation, it gives good coverage yet it's light and not cakey. Also, it is very easy to apply, you don't need to wet your hand!
My mom uses their regular foundation and she likes it too.

4. I love their capture total line! I used to have lots of blackhead and oilly t-zone problem when I used other brands. But after I start to use their capture total serum and cream my skin type kind of change and I have less skin problems like I used to. I never would've try this if I didn't get the samples of cream and serum(because I always assume the cream and serum are for people with dry skin only). But it did work on my sensitive combination skin.:rolleyes:
(I got the samples one time they give those cream and serum sample when u buy any two products from them)

5. I never tried powder foundation so I don't know.:shrugs:

• I think the free gift with purchase depends on which counter you go to. I know that they have done it before.
  • I believe it is worth the price. Especially the Diorshow mascara, best out there IMO! I also have some eyeshadows that are very nice as well.
  • Never tried their foundations, sorry!
  • Never tried, although I have heard they are good.
  • No, sorry !
Overall, they are a very good brand :smile:

Does Dior ever have a free gift with purchase? (similar to Lancome & Estee Lauder?) Yes

Is Dior makeup really worth the price? Some yes, some no

How good are the Dior Foundations? Which one is the best for a light/non-cakey finish? I don't like Dior's foundations. I've tried some of their matte or higher coverage ones and they made me break out like crazy cuz the fluid is like... PERMANENT and doesn't come off with regular makeup removers/cleansers. I never use light foundations, so sorry, can't help you on that one.

Are their face creams really good? Yes, I like their face creams. The canadian winter is really dry and I like the Capture range of products (helps to whiten/brighten your skin, smells great, and the cream is very very smooth/creamy) I just got their Capture serum too, but I have to try it out first.

Has anyone used their powder foundations/loose powder? I liked their Diorskin compact foundation cuz it's quite highly pigmented. You can just use a powder brush and it'll still give you very good coverage. If you wanna go for even higher coverage, use the sponge. The bad thing about this is that the colour selection is very poor.

What do you love about Dior makeup? Which Dior products are a "must have"? hmmmm...lol... what do I love....*thinking*.... nothing really stands out to me, but a must have is their 5 colour eyeshadow compact. It's REALLY CHEAP for the price you pay. They're highly pigmented and smooth shadows, but now I prefer MAC. Hmmm... I like their newer Poison too lol. What to avoid: Their glosses are horrible, especially the Addict kind cuz they taste like a blend of petroleum, rubber, and FAT:yucky: lol

The diorskin airflash like some mentioned above is not a high coverage foundation, BUT it's the best med coverage I've tried. It's SO easy to apply and the colour looks so natural. It doesen't cake and blends really easy, it's by far the best foundation I've tried to date.

Their eyeliner is, unfortunetly, not that good IMO, it sometimes leaves these small dry spots that look like dried paint which you may have to rub off after applying. At least that's my experience.

I only used their bronze powder and I loved it. And I loved the case. :rolleyes:

since other people have answered most of your question, I'll just answer the last one.

I use the loose powder, and I love it. It looks natural, and stays on well. Makes my skin look flawless but not fake, you know?