HELP with Rough/Bumpy Zipper!

macw613

Apr 17, 2012
I bought my husband two designer hoodies a couple months ago and they were never worn and now it's time to sell them. They both have a double zipper, and when it's zipped downward, it's extremely bumpy and rough. Everything else zips super smooth and nice. It's been VERY frustrating since I've tried rubbing a pencil, candle, special zipper wax bought on eBay, and none of that helps.

I've Google'd everything and I don't know what to do. We don't want to sit there for an hour rubbing the zipper with a candle or pencil and zipping it back & forth. This is on both hoodies and it's so frustrating since we need to sell them ASAP. I've seen soap be mentioned online, however I don't want the hoodies to be smelling like soap when they're I'm trying to sell them as brand new.

If anyone has any suggestions on what to do I would really appreciate it.

Replace the zippers before selling or give a really good description on eBay.

Sorry but none of those are options right now. :sad: I'm looking for alternative ways to get the zipper working smooth. Whether it's a product I can use or a place I could bring them in, I'm looking for suggestions in regards to that. I'm not sure what type of store or shop could help though...

It could be something with the alignment of the zipper. If its off, there isn't anything a product will do.

I hope not, but I dont think so because it's a double zipper, and the other zip goes up & down perfectly smooth. Even the second one goes upwards smooth, but when I zip it downwards it's very rough and bumpy. Weird huh?

Try waxed paper - buff them.

I tried this on a bag before and it didnt really work but perhaps it would work on the hoodies. I cant expect much but maybe i'll be surprised and it will work. I'll have to buy some and try it out though, thanks