Ferragamo Varina flats sizing for wide feet!

layd3k

O.G.
Jun 1, 2010
I know this question has been asked many times, (I have searched extensively), but everyones opinons seem to be different! Soooo I wanted to ask my own question and see what ppl have to say!:P My feet are very wide and are normally a size US11. When I buy shoes in Europe I purchase a 42. I have looked on the webiste and noticed that there are different widths. I understand the concept of a being narrow and b being normal and c being wide and d being the widest. However, I would like to know just how wide the "c" actually is? (The ones I am looking at purchasing are patent BTW) Should i order 11C or 11.5C or 12C ? I would appreciate all opinions as I am looking forward to ordering them asap! :biggrin: As well, (if this helps) I wear 11 in tory burch reva flats (the regular leather) and it fits perfectly!)

I'm sorry for bumping this very old thread. But I have the exact same situation, and have the exact same question. I want to get a pair of the patent Varinas, and since I live in Asia, if the shoes weren't the right size, exchanging or returning them is not even an option.
I normally wear an 11, simply because some brands don't offer the option of size 10.5. I own a few pairs of Coach shoes which are a size 10, but they are very soft leather that gives after some time of wearing.

I also have a pair of Tory Burch Revas in an 11, but I don't wear them much just because the elastic band on the shoes push my feet forward, and I feel very pinched on the my big toe bunions as well.

I really want to give the Varinas a try, because I just can't find flats that are dressy enough and I've read so many good reviews about them, but have yet to decide the size to get, because from the threads I've searched, there are mixed reviews about the sizing.

As for now, the options for me are to get them in a 10.5 C or an 11 C.

There are also other styles available, and I'm thinking to give them a try as well. Anyone with experience with these shoes?

51258600.png

52817000.png

Can anyone please help?

Last edited:
noobie said:
I'm sorry for bumping this very old thread. But I have the exact same situation, and have the exact same question. I want to get a pair of the patent Varinas, and since I live in Asia, if the shoes weren't the right size, exchanging or returning them is not even an option.
I normally wear an 11, simply because some brands don't offer the option of size 10.5. I own a few pairs of Coach shoes which are a size 10, but they are very soft leather that gives after some time of wearing.

I also have a pair of Tory Burch Revas in an 11, but I don't wear them much just because the elastic band on the shoes push my feet forward, and I feel very pinched on the my big toe bunions as well.

I really want to give the Varinas a try, because I just can't find flats that are dressy enough and I've read so many good reviews about them, but have yet to decide the size to get, because from the threads I've searched, there are mixed reviews about the sizing.

As for now, the options for me are to get them in a 10.5 C or an 11 C.

There are also other styles available, and I'm thinking to give them a try as well. Anyone with experience with these shoes?

Can anyone please help?

Lol I, the OP, already got my first pair and am similar to size in you. I am a true US 11 with very wide feet. I have purchased size 11 in Tory Burch Revas and 42 in Roger Vivier, Chanel and other brands. In the patent Varinas I bought a 12C. They feel like heaven. Better than any of the other brands I have purchased.

According to the EU ferragamo website if I am a size 42EU I should buy a 11.5 and according to the north American website If I'm a US11 I should buy a 11. There is like half an inch from wear my toes end to the tip of the shoe but they are definitely not big. They are perfect.

Based on your options I would get 11C. Too bad you can't try them on in person. It would be good to see a 11C vs 11.5C if you have wide feet.

Lol I, the OP, already got my first pair and am similar to size in you. I am a true US 11 with very wide feet. I have purchased size 11 in Tory Burch Revas and 42 in Roger Vivier, Chanel and other brands. In the patent Varinas I bought a 12C. They feel like heaven. Better than any of the other brands I have purchased.

According to the EU ferragamo website if I am a size 42EU I should buy a 11.5 and according to the north American website If I'm a US11 I should buy a 11. There is like half an inch from wear my toes end to the tip of the shoe but they are definitely not big. They are perfect.

Based on your options I would get 11C. Too bad you can't try them on in person. It would be good to see a 11C vs 11.5C if you have wide feet.
YAY! Thanks so much OP! I'm happy to hear that you have finally got your Varinas!
I did go on the website, and also got confused by the size guide. Did you try other sizes before you decide to go with the 12C? How did they compare?

I don't know if this helps, but I am an Australian 10 which is equivalent to a US 11. All the US shoes I purchase in US 11 or IT 41, however in the Ferragamo shoes I wear a 10C. I made the mistake of purchasing the 11C and they were way too big for me. Perhaps see if there is insole measurements available to compare to your foot or make sure they have a good return policy.

I don't know if this helps, but I am an Australian 10 which is equivalent to a US 11. All the US shoes I purchase in US 11 or IT 41, however in the Ferragamo shoes I wear a 10C. I made the mistake of purchasing the 11C and they were way too big for me. Perhaps see if there is insole measurements available to compare to your foot or make sure they have a good return policy.
Hi sakura,

Thanks for your input. May I ask which style of Ferragamos that you purchased in size 10C? Are they also Varinas, or other styles?
I've also found mixed reviews regarding how different styles fit differently, eg. Vara vs Varina, and how the regular leather fit differently than the patents, etc.

I have actually emailed Ferragamo's CS and asked for the insole measurements, but I have yet to hear back from them. :sad:

Hi sakura,

Thanks for your input. May I ask which style of Ferragamos that you purchased in size 10C? Are they also Varinas, or other styles?
I've also found mixed reviews regarding how different styles fit differently, eg. Vara vs Varina, and how the regular leather fit differently than the patents, etc.

I have actually emailed Ferragamo's CS and asked for the insole measurements, but I have yet to hear back from them. :sad:

Its all the styles I have tried, varinas, ribes, varas....I am consistently a 10C in all of them. Their sizing is so strange.

YAY! Thanks so much OP! I'm happy to hear that you have finally got your Varinas!
I did go on the website, and also got confused by the size guide. Did you try other sizes before you decide to go with the 12C? How did they compare?

I did not get a chance to try them on as I bought them from the Czech website and had them shipped to my boyfriends parents house. I just guessed the size based on my own knowledge of my feet. I already know that I have large and wide feet and when they swell they get even bigger :sad: So I did what I thought would be most comfortable. Also, I have seen the size 10B here in Canada and they looked really small and narrow, so I didnt want to take any chances.

Good luck!

LOL, I guess we were meant to be! I used to live in Canada until a year ago, I'm going to buy the shoes from the German website, and going to have them shipped to my boyfriend's parents house as well.:giggles:

So after all the inputs I received, and the posts that I have read, I decided to go with your advice, and ordered an 11 C.
I thought, if they're a little loose, I can still stuff something in to make them work, but if they're too small, then I can't do anything about it.

Based on my experience, stretching shoes aren't that easy for my big, wide feet.

Anyway, thanks so much OP & sakura for the input, and now I'm crossing my fingers so the shoes fit me. I will update you when I get them, in 2 months! :roflmfao:

noobie said:
LOL, I guess we were meant to be! I used to live in Canada until a year ago, I'm going to buy the shoes from the German website, and going to have them shipped to my boyfriend's parents house as well.:giggles:

So after all the inputs I received, and the posts that I have read, I decided to go with your advice, and ordered an 11 C.
I thought, if they're a little loose, I can still stuff something in to make them work, but if they're too small, then I can't do anything about it.

Based on my experience, stretching shoes aren't that easy for my big, wide feet.

Anyway, thanks so much OP & sakura for the input, and now I'm crossing my fingers so the shoes fit me. I will update you when I get them, in 2 months! :roflmfao:

Your experience is my experience as well, I also thought t would be easier to make a shoe that is a little big smaller than a tight uncomfortable shoe bigger! Which pair did you get?

Hope your shoes fit well! I have a pair of gold Varinas in size 6 and a half D that I wear very regularly. They are my best investment, next to my black calfskin Varas. I bought a pair of peep toe Ferragamo flats in 6 and a half C previously and they ended up being donated away. They pinch width-wise even after many wears. I was apprehensive about buying Varina in such a wide size; I'm Asian and is considered petite, with normal sized feet. But these fit well! I was told that Ferragamos run rather narrow and I agree, based on my own experience.

Your experience is my experience as well, I also thought t would be easier to make a shoe that is a little big smaller than a tight uncomfortable shoe bigger! Which pair did you get?

I ended up getting the patent Varinas, I have yet to get a confirmation email though, hopefully they're not OOS. :-s

love_miu, I'm crossing my fingers that they'll fit me just fine!

noobie said:
I ended up getting the patent Varinas, I have yet to get a confirmation email though, hopefully they're not OOS. :-s

love_miu, I'm crossing my fingers that they'll fit me just fine!

They are really slow to confirm. I didn't even receive shipping info, they just showed up at the doorstep.lol please post pics when you get them!