Rude/catty comments regarding your designer jewelry and watches

My one frend that I am not that close with (blunt & really sarcastic) told me that he would never spend that kind of money on my "Carteir Ballon" watch! The most shocking thing was he would rather have someone buy it for him, like a "sugar daddy"! For one, I dont have a "sugar daddy" and dont need one cuz I make decent money and can afford my own things! At least I have bragging rights to say I bought this with my OWN money and didnt have to get in bed with someone for it!!! sorry if that last sentence bothers anyone! I just hate it when my frends bring up my watch! Makes me not even want to wear it :sad:

I was on register at work a few years back and had a few pieces of Tiffany jewelry on when 3 teenage girls came to the register to buy something, one commented that she liked my Tiffany and the other girl whispered to her "You know they make fake Tiffany right, hers is probably fake". I was shocked and kept my mouth shut but I would have loved to slapped her face! The other thing I hear is "your husband must really love you" when they look at my wedding set.. so rude.

Let me just say that I wish I had jewellery that people would want to make snide remarks about! I am just starting to become obsessed (I work beside Rolex how can I not eventually obsess over sparkly things), but I'm a student and living on a student budget so no new shiny things for me right now until I graduate...or win the lottery. *crosses fingers*
I would just be flattered that these people are jealous enough of what you are able to have that they feel the need to comment negatively on it. If you earn the money or have a boyfriend/husband that likes to gift it to you then don't be afraid to wear it because of what others might think of you!

Ok, I have had people say when looking at my wedding ring "your husband must really love you!" because my ring is considered bigger than average. They don't mean that mean, but I always think "oh, so if my ring was smaller, it's because he loved me less!?" lol!
DH told me that it's just people admiring it but not knowing what to say. It's usually men.

My family & I moved from a large city to a small farming town. I never knew people could be so rude, catty and down right haters. I'm known as a rich $&#%@ and so are my kids. I have never flaunted or shown off any of my stuff. I have received several comments about my wedding ring like wait let me go get my sunglasses cuz that ring is blinding me or are you sure you can lift your hand cuz that ring is a rock. I just put my hand in my pocket and go about my business.

My family & I moved from a large city to a small farming town. I never knew people could be so rude, catty and down right haters. I'm known as a rich $&#%@ and so are my kids. I have never flaunted or shown off any of my stuff. I have received several comments about my wedding ring like wait let me go get my sunglasses cuz that ring is blinding me or are you sure you can lift your hand cuz that ring is a rock. I just put my hand in my pocket and go about my business.

That sounds cool to move from the city to a rural town, that's always been my dream to move from suburbia to a place closer to nature. I may be naive but I don't think those comments you got about your ring were rude, they sound more like kidding remarks, you know people cracking a joke because they have that wise cracking kind of personality. I think we're going to need to see pictures of your ring...tee hee you know for educational purposes lol!
And off topic your dog is just so darn cute! I love when my dog bends his paws like that, it just melts me. I have a dachshund.

Oh and to the ladies who got the comment on their rings that their dh must really love them, I also perceive that as more of a joke than a dig. I must have a silly sense of humor that I would laugh at those comments and not take offense.

I never got any comments on my jewelry or bags that were rude, in fact the few times anyone notices them I've only gotten compliments. But that's not to say I don't get people being rude to me ever in other areas of my life. :P

I also have not received any rude comments, only compliments. I would encourage all women who wear fine jewelry and accessories to wear them well, with refinement and grace. Surely, this is what the designers intended:smile: In the case of the ill-mannered, it is often a matter of ignorance and not willful harm.

Usually friends or co workers will notice my bags or jewelry and say I'm a brat but I usually reply with I worked my *** off for it so how am I a brat? People make too many assumptions and have too many opinions. When I notice a friend has something new that's nice I always compliment them on it why tear 'em down over it? The people that do that are just jealous.

I've heard comments from some of my ex husbands colleagues wives along the lines of "well, you know that's a fake." and my thoughts always run to "ummm, and you know you're a jealous b*tch, right?"

I have not gotten any rude comments *yet* :P but then again the only designer jewellery i own are merely 3 items from Tiffany. Everything else is non-branded. I also dont own any designer clothes or bags. My most expensive bag is a Coach bag that costs less than $400. So i guess none of my possessions are worth anyone being jealous over :lol:. Nevertheless, i'm afraid i am still quite self conscious of the jewellery i wear on some occasions and among certain people. I know i shouldn't let them bother me but i just can't help it.