Is Lindy 26 a good size?

C10

Feb 22, 2012
I have found a lindy hydra blue in phw. I love the color but size is 26. Is that a good size for lindy? This will be my 1st Hermes. Please advice. Thanks!

I have found a lindy hydra blue in phw. I love the color but size is 26. Is that a good size for lindy? This will be my 1st Hermes. Please advice. Thanks!

Hi C10!

I think the size will depend on a few factors. 1- How do you plan to use this bag? Is it something you plan to use daily or just on special occasions? If you work outside the home, is this bag something you would use for work? If you have little ones, would you use this bag when you're out and about with the children?

2 - When you look at the bags you have now, what sizes are the bags you use most frequently? Small, medium, large?

3 - How does the 26 lindy look proportionate to your body size?

4 - How much do you typically carry in your handbags?

Hi C10!

I think the size will depend on a few factors. 1- How do you plan to use this bag? Is it something you plan to use daily or just on special occasions? If you work outside the home, is this bag something you would use for work? If you have little ones, would you use this bag when you're out and about with the children?

2 - When you look at the bags you have now, what sizes are the bags you use most frequently? Small, medium, large?

3 - How does the 26 lindy look proportionate to your body size?

4 - How much do you typically carry in your handbags?
Hi lala28
It won't be a daily bag as it is expensive and not suitable for work. Likely use occasionally on weekends. The bags I have now are mainly medium sized. I m 163cm 115lbs. Well, I have my phone, wallet, card holder and keys.....
I have read that most people prefer the size 30. Is there a lot of diference?
Thanks!!

Hi lala28
It won't be a daily bag as it is expensive and not suitable for work. Likely use occasionally on weekends. The bags I have now are mainly medium sized. I m 163cm 115lbs. Well, I have my phone, wallet, card holder and keys.....
Thanks!!

I think the difference is notable. I'm 160 cm and 105 pounds and the 26 size is too small for me. If I need a small bag, I use my 30 lindy. It holds my bearn wallet, a small size karo, a calvi, phone, lipstick holder, tissue, pocket size calendar, keys, and that's it. I don't even have room for sunglasses.

The Size Reference Guide has posts where you can compare the size of the 26 vs 30 (Post #64 and #73):

http://forum.purseblog.com/hermes-reference-library/size-reference-guide-pics-only-91703-5.html#post13721683

I think for your height and for occasional use 26 should work well. Can you try on the 26 before deciding?

IMHO, my personal preference is to have more versatility in my investment bags and therefore, I would prefer a 30. It holds more but folds up to look like a much smaller bag than it is.

The Size Reference Guide has posts where you can compare the size of the 26 vs 30 (Post #64 and #73):

http://forum.purseblog.com/hermes-reference-library/size-reference-guide-pics-only-91703-5.html#post13721683

I think for your height and for occasional use 26 should work well. Can you try on the 26 before deciding?

IMHO, my personal preference is to have more versatility in my investment bags and therefore, I would prefer a 30. It holds more but folds up to look like a much smaller bag than it is.

:goodpost:

Hi lala28
Thanks!!

C10, i have 3 lindy 26s and it's my favorite size because it works with my frame and how I wear it. It really depends on how you want to carry it. If you are going to wear it on your shoulder using the strap or using it with the handles. Given what you carry in your bag, I think both sizes will work for you.

I am a little shorter than you but not as petite :biggrin: and I wear my L26 by hanging the strap on my shoulder, the L26 falls closer to my natural waist which is what I like. The L30 fell closer to my hip which made me feel that i looked wider.

If you are going to carry it using the handles on the crook of your arm, with the bag folded like a fortune cookie, then i would suggest you consider the L30 because the handles are shorter on the L26 and I've had trouble slipping my arm through the handles of my L26.

On another note, BH is amazing! :loveeyes: Good luck!

Hi lala28
Thanks!!

Hiii...
I think Lala's got all the points. I am 167cm tall with 54kg weight, i think I'd love to have Lindy in 34. Last ti,e i tried 30 was too small. So i'm waiting for lindy 34.
I hope you find the perfect size for u

C10 said:
Hi lala28
Thanks!!

Hi C10!

I'm 165cm and 107lbs. Size 30 sits just above my waist which makes it a perfect length. I think the smaller size would be too short. I'm also finding that I carry the bag a lot in my arm. The length of the handles to the 30 is good for that too

Hi I am 169cm, size 4-6, shoes size EU40 US9.5, rather big built medium female and LOVIN' Lindy 26. First I got Lindy 30, and discovered its kinda bulky to hold in hands. Shoulder hang is quite ok. Decided to buy 26 and loving it. It doesn't fold like my 30, but its cute (its orange clemence) and young looking. Its also very much easier to hand carry it, since the handles are smaller and bulkiness is less than 30. Ofcourse it holds less than 30 but it holds everything I need for daily use.

Blue Hydra is the BOMB.

I'm a Lindy lover - and the biggest point my SA makes about the 26 is that is doesn't fold up as naturally, as well, or as much as the bigger sizes. I feel like it takes a little bit away from the Lindy - since it's transformation is such a key part to the bag!

Good Luck!!!