Shopping at TJMAXX

I live around the corner from Marshall's in Toronto and the designer names they have are crazy...Right now they have Gucci boots which I love, but they carry close to a $500 price tag. :sad: I haven't really checked out clothing but I will tomorrow since I am in need of a few nice winter sweaters still and thrifting isn't delivering. Purses aren't the best selection wise. I have found a couple of Coach but they were around $150 and some Michael Kors totes (forget the price). Nothing too high end there and not a lot in the accessories either just some Betsey Johnson watches and Anne Klein stuff.

Not clothing related but their Christmas clearance is the best I have seen anywhere in Toronto! I got 3 bags of Christmas flavoured coffee in creme brulee, cinnamon hazelnut, and chocolate raspberry for 2.10 a piece regular 6.99. Winners and Homesense have the same bags of coffee from Christmas still sitting in the store at regular price. It's fantastic coffee too so I'm going back to practically clear the shelf tomorrow. My mom and sister both want some bought for them and you can't beat the price. I just wish I had of went earlier for more of the after Christmas goodies because they don't really have a ton of treats left and nothing that I was interested in aside from the coffee.

Anyone sign up for a tjx card? I never knew they had benefits but for every in store purchase that accumulates to $200 you get a $10 coupon to spend in tjx. And the coupons take a while to expire. So far I have gotten about $60. I signed up middle of 2012. For ladies who buy designer bags should really consider the card. Say if you buy a $1500 bag you'll get $70 to use towards your next shopping trip.

I.WANT.IT.ALL said:
Anyone sign up for a tjx card? I never knew they had benefits but for every in store purchase that accumulates to $200 you get a $10 coupon to spend in tjx. And the coupons take a while to expire. So far I have gotten about $60. I signed up middle of 2012. For ladies who buy designer bags should really consider the card. Say if you buy a $1500 bag you'll get $70 to use towards your next shopping trip.

is that a credit card? or just a rewards card?

The bags that I see at my local Marshall's are usually just C. Rowley, B. Makowsky, Nine West and some off brands. I did find a cute Fossil messenger there and bought it a few months back. I go mostly to check for boots and belts. But color me surprised when I went in tonight and found about 10 different MK bags, an Oryany bag, and even a Ralph Lauren bag. The style and leather of RL bag was soooo nice, I would have bought it except for the fact that it was pink and I absolutely HATE pink. Weirdly, the shoe department was wiped out like I've never seen before...

I haven't found anything to rave about at my local TJMaxx or Marshall's!! The clearance section from the holiday sale has been completely scarce with good finds. Anyone in the DMV find any deals with bags?