not loving my new matelasse??

dmf

O.G.
Apr 8, 2006
Hi everyone,
I guess I'd just like everyone's thoughts on something. I just received my black matelasse that I ordered from Bluefly, and I think I am underwhelmed. I don't know why. I definitely don't think the bag deserves the high price that it retails normally for. Granted, I got it for less (a little over $1,100 with the bluefly discount and coupon code), but still... why am I not loving this bag? :shrugs: Has anyone else felt this way about this bag after trying it on or purchasing it?
Also, if I do return it, any suggestions for a replacement? I really do need a new black bag, and I thought this bag would be great... classic, yet a little edgy.
Thanks in advance for your thoughts!

If you don't love it, I would return it. $1000+ is still ALOT for a bag - esp. one you don't love :yes:, even though you got a discount... it's still alot of $$ that could go towards something you really love.

I personally want a black first. I like the cities & hobo's too :yes: I'm not too familiar with balenciaga's other lines...

Yeah, it's something about the leather that's not wowing me. Logically, I know that it can't be as smooshy and distressed as the other styles simply because it's quilted. But I feel like the leather should still somehow manage to blow me away and it's not. Maybe I do need to consider one of the other styles. Maybe a twiggy??

I got so excited about Matelasse bag at first but then after seeing it IRL at NM i changed my mind. $1100 is a lot of money for keeping some thing that you are not so crazy about.:smile:

I agree with everyone, return it if you're not in love with it. A black city would be a good choice, that is also classic...

Personally, that style doesn't really "blow me away"... I prefer other brands for the quilted look.

I personally don't care for the style, so I would say, return it if you aren't in love with it. It's a lot of money and you should be crazy about it for that price, imo.